- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Cyber Security Consultant
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food and ammunition.
Are you a Cyber Security Consultant looking to support decision making across the lifecycle of multiple complex projects? If so, we currently have a number of exciting opportunities for Cyber Security Consultants to work within our Internal Technical Support (ITS) team. We provide specialist security and information assurance support to a huge variety of projects from land vehicles (like AJAX) to Maritime vessels ships (such as the Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carrier) to aircraft (A400M -Atlas, Apache and New Medium Helicopter) as well as a number of other Military Platforms. This team makes a big difference to our national security by ensuring the men and women that protect us have access to equipment with world leading capabilities that is resilient to cyber-attacks.
Our team works closely with clients across a range of delivery teams as intelligent decision makers and subject matter experts. Working within this challenging, fast-moving and ever-changing environment, we offer great opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge with us, and to build a career in Cyber. You will be empowered to provide guidance and advice on areas such as: information risk management, architecture development, security accreditation, threat analysis, cryptography and information technology assessment within agreed time frames and budgets.
We are keen to attract, develop and retain Cyber Resilience specialists, therefore we will seek to support and encourage your development in the following areas:
* Gaining CCP status
* Knowledge of defence equipment & systems
* Knowledge and application of ICT/Security/Defence standards e.g. JSP/NIST/ISO27001 etc
* Information risk management
* Knowledge of evolving digital technology/applications e.g. AI/Digital twins/Quantum computing etc
Due to security requirements, some of these posts are open to sole UK Nationals only.
As a Cyber Security Consultant in our ITS team you will be empowered to:
Develop artefacts/evidence used in the assessment of cyber risk, and considering the implications of changes to equipment design, offering mitigation advice in the process
Build strong working relationships across all areas of the business, as well as interfacing with authorities like the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC)
Engage with internal and external stakeholders, gain an understanding of their requirements and translate these into an agreed set of deliverables/outputs
Implement and effectively develop cyber security guidance, policy and tools
Convert business objectives into tangible outputs and support the mitigation of the strategic cyber risk
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will have demonstrable consultancy experience
* You will hold a relevant Level 4 qualification (e.g. HNC or Foundation Degree) in an Engineering or Science qualification with the ability to join a relevant professional institute (i.e. CIISP or BCS) or demonstrate equivalent experience
* You will have Security/Information Assurance experience & knowledge
* You will demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects and deliver to agreed expectations
* You will demonstrate the ability to prioritise and manage risk
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Decision Making - Practitioner
* Technical Risk Management - Practitioner
* Managing a quality service
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.