- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Junior IT Analyst
DE&S (Defence Equipment & Support) are hiring a Junior IT Analyst to join our team onsite.
If you have experience in an IT Helpdesk or Call Centre environment, this could be the role you've been waiting for.
As part of the Information Management & IT function, your impact will be felt across the organisation, helping to embed new technology and tools, automate processes and improve data management. We'll support you to innovate, as you bring positive change and fresh ideas to the team. Don't settle for the status quo. Improve on what's gone before - and drive for what's next.
This role brings access to specialist training and lots of avenues for learning and progression - whether you're interested in developing new technical skills or reaching the next step up. You'll also benefit from a c.27% employer pension contribution. You'll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women's Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Neuro Inclusivity Network - and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we're pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
You'll join the Joint Asset Management Engineering Solutions (JAMES) team. Working alongside military and civilian personnel, you will be responsible for assisting users with the information gathering, investigation and implementation of any fleet-wide actions required on equipment across organisations within defence.
Your work will support front-line users with the management of technical problems and issues relating in particular to resolving maintenance queries on equipment assets (which are through life managed on JAMES) across Front Line Commands.
Communication with the user community is conducted in a call centre environment with a complimentary email service. As such, you can expect a busy, fast-paced role with a high volume of communications to manage.
This would be an excellent opportunity to start your career with the Civil Service. DE&S offers excellent L&D support & career progression opportunities, alongside onsite amenities and a host of other benefits including our market-leading 27% pension.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
In this role, you will be entrusted with:
* Contribute to the work of the team and function to support continuous improvement and IT change.
* Gather requirements, analyse and support the creation of documentation of business processes, data sets, systems designs, services and information security, to inform the development of new or improved business solutions
* Apply policy, procedures and standards to documentation and project work.
* Identify and suggest process improvements and raise them with your team.
* Support the production of business models and assist in the preparation of business cases to support change and innovation.
* Understand risks and issues and support actions to reduce risk and resolve issues.
* Grow your Technical knowledge across the IT landscape and Operational teams.
Deliver Service desk support activity, gathering customer Information to identify the reason for the call.
Grow call handling and questioning skills and knowledge of processes and tools.
Maintain quality Service desk records to support the identification of trends.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Experience of interacting with and updating IT and IS tools Working knowledge and understanding of relevant IT and IS principles and frameworks
* Experience of working in an organisation and can evidence Learning from Experience (LFE)
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
* A good logical approach to problem solving
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* ITIL Foundation Certification
* Knowledge of hardware maintenance faults at all levels
* Knowledge and experience of inventory management and/or Engineering role experience.
* Experience in Civil Service/MoD, or familiarity with military working practices and terminology