- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Information Assurance Manager
As an Information Assurance Manager, you will ensure that our data is stored, provided with the appropriate level of security and retrievable in the shortest possible timescale.
Advances in information technology and digital communications are revolutionising the way we live and work, almost every aspect of our daily life depends on technology. Cyberspace has delivered many opportunities and benefits and is fundamental to the business of DE&S and the SDA. However, with such prolific use of technology comes significant risk and potential threats through the loss or compromise of our information, which would impact significantly on the success of our business, and therefore to military capability and defence as a whole. This risk must become a conscious part of our daily working practices, so we can minimise it by ensuring we adopt appropriate behaviour to safeguard our data and our information and that of our suppliers.
We have several exciting positions arise for Information Assurance Manager's to join our diverse and multi-disciplined IM&IT (Information Management & Information Technology) function.
As an Information Assurance Manager, you will ensure that our data is stored, provided with the appropriate level of security and retrievable in the shortest possible timescale, providing expert advice and guidance in supporting the delivery of our Information Assurance strategy, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning.
Please note, due to the nature of work, some posts are Reserved (open to UK Nationals and the successful candidate will need to attain DV (Developed Vetting) clearance once in post, other roles available are non-reserved and only require SC (security Clearance).
Some of these posts will require occasional travel.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
- Lead a Team to ensure high quality work is delivered that meets the needs of the business and required standards.
- Provide expert advice and guidance in supporting the delivery of Information Assurance strategy, policy, and solutions relevant to specialist area.
- Provide expert advice and guidance in supporting the delivery of Business Continuity and platform recovery planning.
- Ensure all networks and systems are compliant with both national and departmental policy and legislation. Providing appropriate advice and guidance when gaps are identified and escalate where appropriate.
- Undertake information assurance reviews and provide management information on reviews, both internally and externally with Industry Partners, presenting the findings across stakeholder groups.
- Review business processes, identify improvements, assess feasibility, and recommend new approaches where appropriate and share in the community.
- Manage the controls to ensure Information Management activities is managed in accordance regulatory and relevant security legislation.
- Improve capability within the function and participate in other function improvement activities.
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience of delivering Information Assurance outputs and/or a relevant qualification in Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or a related field
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Experience in leading system risk identification, mitigation and security accreditation processes and activities across a broad range of stakeholders and regulators on complex manufacturing and engineering programmes
- Knowledge of cyber security in either the defence or industrial/commercial environment
- Knowledge and practical experience of System Design and Build with emphasis on privacy and security by design
- Experience in incident management with the ability to provide pragmatic advise on policy and guidance
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Strategy, Architecture & solution design
- Information Assurance
- Making effective decisions
- Communicating and influencing