- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
The Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) have exciting opportunities for an experienced Project Manager to join the Dreadnought Supply & Support Team (DSST) or Key Supplier Management Team (KSM) in Barrow-in-Furness.
The DSST is responsible for delivering Government Furnished Assets (GFA), including equipment, information and resources, into the Dreadnought Design and Build Programme, and for managing the transition of Dreadnought into the Royal Navy. This includes establishing the through life support solution, ensuring training provision for Dreadnought's maintainers and crew and establishing both the physical and information infrastructure to support Dreadnought in-service.
As a Project Manager within the Government Furnished Assets (GFA) Asset Management Team you will work within the Dreadnought Supply and Support Team (DSST) to successfully receive and handover GFA to BAE Systems in line with the build programme. You will engage with a range of stakeholders across the Dreadnought Alliance (SDA, BAE Systems and Rolls Royce) at various levels of seniority in order report progress and address emergent issues.
The Key Supplier Management (KSM) Team is responsible for delivering the Submarine Build Capability through the SDA's contractor BAES. This contract delivers the infrastructure and capability required for enabling the three submarine build contracts currently in place at BAES in Barrow in Furness. This contract is the single enabler delivering build capability out to 2050.
As a Project Manager within the KSM Project Team you will work within the Joint KSM team to successfully manage and accrue Capital Projects and refurbishments within the contractors works including estimating and budgeting, honing your stakeholder management techniques to deliver successful outcome.
These are great opportunities for you to utilise your project management skills, enabling you to prioritise a fluctuating workload and analyse data in order to make decisions and recommendations that enable and support delivery of the UKS Submarine Programme or GFA.
Due to the secure nature of the position, this post is reserved for SOLE UK nationals only.
This role offers successful applicants the following:
External Applicants: First Appointment Expenses up to a limit of £8,000
Internal Applicants: Internal candidates will be eligible for full relocation expenses
As a Project Manager your responsibilities will include:
* Accountability for the delivery of specific project outputs as well as supporting of the wider team's obligations ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient means of performance
* Supporting the interface and development with multiple Stakeholders, covering both day to day project tasks and emergent issues with varying levels of complexity
* Engaging with stakeholders to identify opportunities and support mitigation of risks, to support project delivery
* Demonstrating a positive can-do attitude to all aspects of work, with the adaptability and versatility to act as a catalyst for change
* Contributing to the wider professionalism through a commitment to self-learning and supporting your team's learning and development
* Supporting an open, honest, no blame culture, actively highlighting failures and shortfalls and learning from experience
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* A qualification in APM PMQ/MSP or similar relevant qualification or equivalent work experience
* Experience building relationships and working with stakeholders
* Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Experience in working with policy and governance
* Experience working in continuous improvements
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Stakeholder Management
* Setting the Project / Programme Context
* Changing and improving
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, SDA promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
About your team
The Project Management Function provides a pipeline of project professionals to deliver our complex programme of work. The breadth of what our Project Managers do, means a career with us gives you a fantastic level of variety and a genuine ability to develop your project management career. From developing the nation's future submarines to acquiring armoured vehicles, our work is at the forefront of fast-paced, cutting-edge project delivery.