- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Information Security Analyst
Secure enterprise information by developing, implementing and enforcing security controls, safeguards, policies and procedures.
- Carry out information security activities in accordance with the established policies and guidelines
- Build and assess security policies for the OS, network, and database
- Analyze and evaluate security vulnerabilities, and manage security systems such as anti-virus, firewalls, patch management, intrusion detection, and encryption
- Recommend fixes, security patches, and any other measures required in the event of a security breach
- Coordinate security orientation and security awareness programs
- Assist in coordinating contingency plan tests on a regular basis
- Build standard operating procedures for security tools and processes per industry best practices
- Be responsible for carrying out penetration testing and vulnerability assessment
- Be responsible for carrying out security assessment to comply with customer security needs across countries
- Design, implement, and report on security system and end-user activity audits; monitor server, application, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity; interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution
- Be responsible for coordinating, assessing & addressing customer security needs
- Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent
- CISA/CISM preferable
- CISSP/CEH preferable
- ISO27001 certified
- Experience with operating systems (Windows, Linux, and Unix) and network
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with TCP/IP and other network protocols. Knowledge of firewall architecture and design, network architecture, and monitoring and reporting solutions to proactively identify issues and mitigate risk
- Knowledge of information security concepts and methodologies
- Knowledge of compliances (PCI DSS, SoX, DPA, and so on) and IS standards (ISO 27001, BS25999, ISO 20000, OWASP, and so on)
- Knowledge of risk management methodologies and approach
- Knowledge of Secure SDLC methodology
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Top 5 highest paying jobs in Cyber Security
What are the top paying jobs in the cyber security profession? Shaun Turner, Senior Cyber and Infosec Recruitment Consultant...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Cyber Security
- How to develop your career in data science
Data Scientists are a new breed of IT experts who are leading the Artificial Intelligence & Big Data movement. Read on t...
- Could the CISO be the saviour of essential UK services?
The UK government is getting serious about cyber crime but which IT professionals can help in the battle to keep data, peopl...