- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Contract Groovy & Grails Developer
Ecommerce client of ours works at a furious rate to deliver new features, working in the platform team will involve ensuring the best tooling is available to deliver features that are reliable, scalable, secure and the process is repeatable. To achieve these goals you will be both working closely with other teams as well as working independently, so collaboration skills are just as important as being able to deliver independently. The team is agile and uses the Kanban methodology which allows us to be responsive to the changing requirements of the business.
What we are looking for
- You treat programming like a craft, code cleanly, and want to get better at it each day.
- You understand software design principles, patterns and their application
- You understand OO programing in various languages - primarily Grails
- You appreciate that your code supports a business and care about how it will be used.
- You understand agile principles like Test-driven-development and Pair-programming.
- You believe that great software is built through communication and collaboration.
- You are willing to explore new ideas and try out new tools.
- You appreciate the opportunities and challenges of a distributed work environment.
- You are solution focused with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- You want to automate everything.
- You can prioritise tasks and work independently.
Due to nature of the business exposure to working with offshore team would be an advantage.
This is a London or Berlin based 6 months contract role
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.