- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Popular fields of work
Top in AI & Robotics
- How AI specialists help lead the education revolution
Growing demand to introduce AI-focused technologies into classrooms is providing more opportunities for Data Scientists, Big...
- 5 high paying AI jobs and the skills you need to get them
Expert in AI? Chris Rosebert details five of the highest paying jobs in the AI field and how you can earn yourself these imp...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
DBA required for a 6-12 month contract (long term) based in North Hampshire (remote working initially)
Working for a high-profile organisation, as DBA you be responsible for ensuring the availability and stability within the production database environments. You will be involved in a variety of duties including BAU and project work by providing interface into central Oracle Application and systems teams.
* Responsible for the daily operations, administration, availability and data integrity of all business critical databases, NAS, SAN any other related infrastructure used by the business applications on DB2, IMS (Mainframe IVS, UKPS
* Provides support to the IT Application Operations Specialist and Feature Teams on application issues which are potentially databases related both during office hours and call out.
* Providing guidance to the Design / Build teams on any database related topics involved in the project portfolio, playing a key part in the design of database solutions for new applications as well as the providing analysis and resolution of complex issues with existing applications
The role acts as the key interface between the local Feature Teams and the central database, SAN and NAS teams and third party providers to ensure BMW Group IT standards are known and implemented to ensure long term support for the business functions and operational excellence.
For this role you must have strong knowledge of Oracle databases, DB2 and IMS. This position will also require you to provide out of hours on-call support on a weekly rota basis (details on application)
This position is to start ASAP and will pay between £400 - £500 umbrella per day (inside of IR35) depending on your level of experience.