- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Communications Network Engineeer, National Security
Our client are a leading technology consultancy withing the defence and national security sectors. They are seeking an experienced Comms Network Engineer to support a key client in London.
We are looking for a candidate interested in a role supporting UK security and law enforcement. You must have experience of Cisco, Python and Linux. You must be customer focused with an eye for detail and looking for a role based in London. Is this you?
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities
This role supports delivery and operation of a strategic Government capability, which is key to the UK's security and law enforcement mission. You will be representing the client in stakeholder engagements - to understand technical challenges, and design and implement tactical solutions for live operation.
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer to support a bespoke data collection system for a client based in London.
The system forms part of the critical national infrastructure making this a high profile role. You will be responsible for designing and implementing changes to the system as well as its day to day operation. You will be responsible for liaising with third party suppliers and organisation both at technical level and a senior stakeholder level.
Major activities and responsibilities of the role include:
- Architecting dynamic network solutions around customer requirements
- Managing client and stakeholder relations with a high degree professionalism
- Influencing suppliers and clients to work within short timeframes
- Working with clients to design and implement network solutions
- Managing deployment teams and organising remote operations
- Maintaining and configuring Cisco & Juniper Firewalls
- Maintaining and configuring Cisco Switches & Load balancers
- Organising workflow and problem reports
- Creating dynamic Python scripts
Education and Qualifications
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or Engineering subject or with equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ideally candidates will have a solid background supporting Linux systems (CentOS/Redhat preferred),
- Experience with Cisco switches/firewalls (CCENT or CCNA highly desirable),
- A strong understanding of IP networking, VPN standards and configuration, good communication skills and an eye for detail and precision.
- Highly desirable skills include a good understanding of RADIUS, SNMP, GRE SPANs and VOIP protocols.
- Good working knowledge of AWS and intermediate Python, Ansible and BASH skills are desirable.
- Due to the nature of this position, you will need to currently hold Enhanced DV (UKIC)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.