- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
AWS Infrastructure Manager
AWS Infrastructure Manager - paying £40,000 - £60,000 p/a depending on experience
Permanent full time, 40 hours per week minimum.
Flexible to work from home with required time certain days each month at the Company's offices in Farringdon, London.
You will be responsible for managing the AWS architecture that is supporting the resources to deliver video content to both consumers and businesses via three platforms:-
1. App (mobile phone and tablet app) : Primarily for consumer consumption, with integrated advertising to drive revenues and augmented reality overlays to enhance the content of the video (think YouTube)
2. App Web (Web version of App)
3. Data Library : A B2B distribution model for partners to access and download raw video materials for their own use
The data and database architecture for global video distribution platform will see real-time and recorded video received by ground stations around the world being transferred to the cloud (AWS) and made accessible to millions of users worldwide.
You will need to work with AWS, Sens app developers and database architects to ensure the right technologies are being used and the teams have the right server resources available. You will coordinate with AWS and solution architects to define our requirements and agree with AWS on the best architecture to be deployed.
You will be responsible for ensuring the systems uptime, security and resilience.
The data platform must be designed for global scale and mass usage. The data architecture will include a database of video data, additional databases and data filters and various distribution platforms including the web site, B2C app and B2B data library platform.
The data is video data of Earth from space.
* Architect a scalable global solution for petabytes of video data, where possible exploring the use of proven architectures for video streaming platforms on AWS
* Develop and manage well-functioning databases
* Manage the relationship with AWS
* Scaling the service e.g. adding more computing power, multi-site scalability
* Create security and data protection settings
* Write technical documentation
* 5 years+ experience with AWS cloud computing
* Proven experience of managing an AWS architecture, such as:
o S3 buckets
o Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
o Connectivity options and bandwidth monitoring
o AWS capacity planning and monitoring tools
o AWS server and network security
* Operating systems experience with:
* Experience of on demand video playback or live video streaming
* Knowledge and experience of networking and data transfer protocols
* You should have worked with another video data platform previously
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills
* Great attention to detail
* Organisational skills
* An analytical mind
* Understanding of datums, projections and what to check when things go wrong
* You should have an innovative and problem-solving mindset, willingness to learn new skills and create unique solutions as part of the team and as an individual
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.