- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Popular fields of work
Top in Development
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Software Engineer/Developer to join a growing PLC, SCADA and M&E integration business.
This position is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop technical skills, working within an experienced team of dedicated specialists.
With clients involved in national, large-scale infrastructure, the hiring company build 'soft' real-time systems, often with a safety-critical element. Projects range from controlling ventilation systems in railway tunnels to building automation systems and bespoke SCADA development.
The role involves seeing projects through from beginning to end:
* Software design, including writing specifications for the customer and creating mock-up user interfaces. This may involve pre-project consultancy assignments, with time spent on site.
* Coding of bespoke systems using both standard and proprietary tools.
* Development of web applications using modern tools and frameworks, for example Node and React.
* Set up and configuration of PCs, networks and web-based systems.
* Site commissioning and testing, including writing factory and site acceptance test documents.
* Ability in other modern programming languages. We use C++ and curly-bracket scripting languages, but will consider experience in languages such as Java and C#.
* Solid Windows background, programming and configuration.
* The right candidate must be adaptable. As well as coding, the successful candidate will create displays and illustrations, write reports and manuals and perform on-site commissioning.
* A minimum of either a degree or HND in a software based course preferably including some control systems engineering
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Be flexible in terms of hours of attendance and working at customer sites, on occasion work outside of normal office hours will be required during commissioning and testing of systems.
Nice to have:
* Experience in with real time and embedded systems.
* Experience with TypeScript, Webpack, D3.js, SVG
* Good knowledge of core modern software tools and practices: Git version control, build and CI tools, SQL databases, HTML and CSS, JSON, regular expressions, SSL, unit tests and so on.
* Knowledge and experience of network programming and understanding of network design
* Any training in software design techniques, such as object-oriented and functional programming.
What do they Offer:
* Based working from home and the West London office with travel between offices and to clients' sites as required. During the Covid-19 crisis, most engineers have been working from home with time spent in the office and / or client's sites for testing and commissioning systems. We envisage continuing to support working from home but when joining candidates will be expected to attend the office for a number of days over several weeks for business and technical inductions.
* A competitive salary with annual bonus scheme
* Pension scheme - with the company contributing 5% of salary
* 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays plus the annual Christmas shutdown
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.