- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Popular fields of work
Top in Cloud
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Java
A Senior Full Stack Engineer - Java - required for a long term contract (minimum of 12 months +) based in North Hampshire.
Working for a high profile organisation, we are looking for a senior full stack engineer to join our IT team in Farnborough. This is an exciting opportunity to work within an Agile team, using your skills across existing and new technologies around both cloud platforms and server-based infrastructure.
The IT department is a central function which provides services to all three businesses. We provide and support a vast number of applications to enable our businesses to work as efficiently and as profitably as possible. Our landscape is very mixed, from legacy mainframe applications to JAVA technologies hosted within our Private Cloud. We are also undertaking a transition to replace our legacy applications with newer modern technologies utilising private and public cloud (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes and Jenkins.
The Full Stack Engineer's primary objective will be within the Sales, Aftersales and Finance function, however, could be assigned other tasks within any area of the IT team. The successful candidate will work within the agile organization using their skills and experience to work within a team developing new applications as part of a strangulation pattern to replace our legacy applications. This will involve both back-end and front-end development. The candidate will also need to learn our existing applications in order to provide maintenance support for these existing applications within our landscape.
We expect applicants to have the following skills:
* Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) 7+
* JPA / JTA / JAX-RS / CDI / EJB
* Angular front end
* Containerisation (Docker/Openshift)
* Micro-Services Architecture (JSON Web Services and Eclipse MicroProfile)
* Automated Testing (Cucumber/Rest-Assured/Junit)
* Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube)
* Oracle and PostgreSQL databases.
* AWS Toolset (VPC, EKS, ECR).
It would also be beneficial to have the following skills:
* AWS Toolset (Glue, S3, Athena)
* Payara Application Server
* NodeJS and Angular
* Agile Toolchain (Confluence / Jira / X-Ray / BitBucket)
We would also require the following experience:
* Extensive experience in a development role.
* Must have experience of working within as a senior developer within a DevOps team.
* Experience of working with offshore development teams.
The company has a flexible work ethos and allows for both office and remote working. This contract is likely to continue through to at least the end of 2022, therefore candidates who prefer longer term contacts would be preferable.
This role is to start ASAP and will pay between £400 - £550 per day (Umbrella-Inside of IR35) depending on your level of experience
The rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.