- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Integration and Verification Systems Engineer
Our client are a leading systems engineering consultancy with an exciting opportunity in the ATC domain for an experienced integration and verification systems engineer.
As part of an integrated team the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of key I&V activities as assigned by the I&V Lead. The successful I&V test engineer will work with customers, suppliers and the wider I&V team to design, create and execute system integration tests. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical services and infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Though experience with Air Traffic Management (ATM) is not required as on-the-job training will be provided as required, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate integration test experience, ideally within a virtualised cloud based infrastructure.
Working within a team of testers, duties will include:
- Reviewing of requirements and design documents to generate Test Cases including identifying test data and defining test environment needs
- Creating and reviewing test plans and test designs, working with third party suppliers to ensure requirements coverage.
- Creating, reviewing and optimising Testing Processes.
- Preparation and Execution of Test Cases (manual & automated) to test the system and verify functional (model based) requirements
- Preparation and Execution of Test Cases (manual & automated) to test the system and verify safety, security, resilience, service management and other non-functional (DOORS based) requirements
- Preparation and Execution of Test Cases (manual & automated) to test the system and verify (model based) user scenarios
- Producing Test Reports and report on interim progress
- Documenting of test results and any defects
- Reporting progress, risks & issues to Team Leads
- Investigating issues and working with suppliers to identify root cause and resolution
- Analysing data and test evidence from suppliers to show compliance to requirements
- Strong test experience (ideally part with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing), a period of which in systems and\or integration testing
- Demonstrable Testing experience including virtualised infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Demonstrable Systems Integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Experience of creating Test Cases based on requirements and design documents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and debug issues across interfaces;
- Ability to analyse and review test evidence from suppliers;
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes;
- Good time management and organisational skills - ability to work with minimal supervision and direct others to do the same.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with virtualised products/services/solutions
- Familiar with high-integrity or safety-related real-time systems;
- Knowledge of test automation concepts such as keyword driven framework;
- DOORS, JIRA and HPQC (ALM) experience or equivalent tools;
- Knowledge of the MEGA Enterprise Architecture framework or other modelling tool
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.