- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
A Technical Engineer is required until the end of March 2021
This role will be based at Thurrock but may be required at times to travel to various sites throughout Essex, Bedfordshire and Luton as a when might be required. So must be a car driver and mileage will be paid if travel is required from Thurrock to other locations and back to Thurrock
An experienced engineer who can demonstrate technical excellence in the provision of:-
- The deployment, configuration and roll out of approximately 250 laptops to our customers.
- A professional interface for our customers and users to ensure high quality services and delivery of projects to the customer and users requirements within agreed timescales.
- Support the Project Manager in providing timely, accurate records for analytical reporting of the overall performance of the Project being delivered.
- To support the delivery of a variety of IT projects and its customers to deploy laptops to their staff
- Be able to build laptops from an SCCM task sequence
- Update laptops with latest Microsoft security patches post build
- Issue of laptops with VPN to end users via deployment clinics on customer site, showing users how to use basic functions of VPN etc.
- Setup up user profiles - inc email, VPN, network drive access checks, printers, etc.
- Work within the IT Project Team and bring expertise in terms of Information and Communications Technology systems and solutions.
- Provide user training as agreed on all applications delivered as part of a project to staff throughout
- Provide reports, as required, to the Project Manager, covering project issues, risks and updates to facilitate the reporting requirements of the project.
- To treat everyone with whom you come into contact, with dignity and respect.
- Promote Equality & Diversity and a non-discriminatory culture.
- Identify and take action when other people's behaviour undermines Equality and Diversity
- Contribute to the planning and scoping of project requests submitted by customers and users, defining solutions or options in line with standards and industry best practise.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
- Customer facing; empathise with users, good interpersonal skills, display active listening skills, polite telephone manner, courteous
- Business awareness; display a working understanding and an appreciation of the business applications
- Logistical; articulate and methodical, analytical, numerate and literate, work well under pressure, good time manager, good team worker, ability to multi-task
- Personal attributes; punctual, tenacious, persevering, use initiative
- Ability to concentrate for extensive periods of time to ensure detail and accuracy of incidents and service requests
- Advanced Windows 10 configuration
- Ability to use internal systems in relation to the role
- Active Directory management/administration/maintenance (Windows 2003/2008/2012)
- Microsoft Project knowledge/experience ITIL awareness
- Experience of PRINCEII Project management methodologies or other Project Management methodologies such as Agile or Scrum.
- Ability to administer access/folder permissions in windows and Active Directory
- Basic Server and VMware maintenance experience
This role is inside IR35 and will pay up to £17.25 per hour (Umbrella)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.