- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
3rd Line Support Engineer
NHS 3rd Line / Network Support Engineer required for a 3 month contract (possibility of extending) based in South Essex
NHS 3rd Line / Network Support Engineer required for a 3 month contract (possibility of extending) based in South Essex.
Working inside of IR35 for a large NHS organisation, you will provide 2nd and 3rd line remote support to end users.
* Telephone advice and remote assistance as required to internal customers on incidents aligned to you by the Service Desk Technician(s)
* Takes responsibility for the provision and security of 3rd line services to the Trust. These services include but are not limited to Networks (SAN, LAN, WAN, iSCSI, Telephony and IP Telephony), VmWare, applications and reporting systems.
* The post holder will participate in the project delivery responsibilities for the technical aspects of IT&T Services working closely with Technical Manager and Project Managers.
* To manage the provision of network services within the Trust, in particular:
* to consult with, and advise where appropriate, the Senior Technical Specialist Manager on the design of any significant extension to, or modification of, the Trust's LAN/WAN;
* to collaborate with the Deputy Head of ITT Strategy and Projects, and external contractors as and when appropriate, in reviewing the networks design by implementing new networking technologies to ensure that LAN/WAN is fit for the business needs;
* to carrying out of site-surveys (where appropriate) as an essential pre-requisite to any major extensions to, or modifications of, the Trust's LAN/WAN;
* liaising with external contractors on the implementation (as to timescales, to budget and specification) of all extensions to, or modifications of, the Trust's LAN/WAN;
* the maintenance (including preventative maintenance where appropriate), repair and upgrading of all LAN/WAN equipment;
This role is to start ASAP and will pay £27.25 Umbrella per hour (inside of IR35)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.