- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Project Support Officer
A Project Support Officer - Office365 is required for 6 months (likely to be extended) based in Southampton
* To provide support to the Office365 project delivering a variety of duties and tasks.
* To provide advice and assistance to support adherence to project processes, using influences where necessary, and ensure standards are being applied.
* To provide specialist knowledge and advice on preparing and maintaining project plans, resource plans and reports using specialist project planning tools in support of the project life-cycle
* Work with a range of stakeholders to agree appropriate actions
* The role may need to provide general administrative and clerical support to the relevant Programme including Workstream Leads and Project / Programme Board.
Communication and Working Relationship Skills
1. Working within a multi-disciplinary environment ensuring that communication with appropriate team members is effective and contemporary. To maintain a clear code of conduct and high standards of customer service in terms of dignity, respect and excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
2. Provide a high quality customer care as a point of contact for the Technology service by liaising, prioritising and co-ordinating with the team.
3. Provide and receive routine information requiring tact or persuasive skills, where there may be barriers to understanding.
4. To deal with telephone and face to face contacts and general enquiries in a supportive manner and maintain an efficient message system coordinating with team members.
5. Receive enquiries and identify the appropriate member of staff or team to respond. Escalate any issues arising to the Project Manager / Programme Manager as required.
6. Adhere to all Trust and departmental policies and procedures relating to their role.
7. Comply with local administrative procedures.
8. Using experience and knowledge to ensure the PRINCE2 methodology is being tailored and applied to projects.
9. Maintenance of the project risk and issue log, which will require inputting of information on behalf of other members of the team. This may require inputting information of a technical nature in a way that it can be understood by all.
10. Escalation of any issues or concerns to the Project Manager / Programme Manager as required.
11. To take responsibility for all project documentation ensuring it is collated and distributed for Project Board and Project Team meetings within the required timescales as per departmental standards.
12. Contributing to meetings, taking accurate minutes and ensuring that all meeting actions are distributed to the responsible parties with timescales agreed and following up on activity. This will include liaising with the charge to plan and raise agendas.
13. Diary management as required for team members to include the arrangement of appointments / meetings and assist in organising meeting papers. This may include support for the arrangement of meetings with external agencies.
14. The role may require the use of financial systems in assisting project managers in the procurement of goods or services via the requisition, invoicing and approval process. Manage the follow-up and delivery process. Training will be provided.
15. The production of documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation using the software provided. This will include the production of reports, tables, presentations and some communication material.
16. To be responsible for the delivery of specific project work packages as required by the relevant project.
17. To support the communications strategy for the infrastructure programme of work
18. To work closely with the technical implementation team to gain accurate staff profile information and share / upload information as required as per project plan
19. To chase / liaise with staff groups to ensure all information is collected in a timely manner
20. To arrange and support the organisation and management of the project boards liaising with the board chair, programme manager and all members
Analytical and Judgemental Skills
22. Resolve issues and enquiries using own judgement on how to effectively respond in a supportive manner.
23. Compare a range of options to support an effective team administration service.
This role is inside IR35 and will pay up to £18.69 p/h Umbrella
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.