- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Service Transition Manager
An IT Service Transition Manager is required for 6 months based in Worthing
The IT Service Transition Manager (specialist) will co-ordinate service design and manage the service transition from projects, internal and external suppliers through to live services.
* As Service Transition Manager own the service transition processes ensuring these are socialised and embedded across the IT organisation.
* Be accountable for the smooth transition of new/changed/enhanced services into BAU support.
* Act as the Escalation point in the management of transition deliverables stepping in to resolve any areas of potential conflict or dispute.
* Liaise with business owners, project managers, design teams, operations teams, IT partners and suppliers to ensure the transition of services and associated documentation is delivered to a high standard.
* Ensure service designs and end to end support models are in place for new services and that these are reviewed and updated for any changed or enhanced service.
* Act as the gate keeper to ensure effective transfer to Service Operations and represent the Service & Transition Management Team at Operational and Service readiness reviews.
* Ensures clarity on the division of responsibilities for service components ensuring there are no gaps in the provision of the full end to end service.
* Ensures all processes and tools implemented comply with Southern Water Technology and Security standards.
* Ensures that any new IT services have business continuity plans that align with Southern Water's continuity requirements
* Oversees the transfer of any IT assets
* Provide technical expertise within the Transition Management team and supports delivery of the key service requirements.
* Maintains the Service Catalogue ensuring processes and governance are in place for on-going management and associated SLAs are in place to meet the Business Requirements and have been agreed with relevant suppliers.
* Manages and resolves issues, including escalations during the transition period.
* Accountable and responsible for the management of the retirement and decommissioning of services ensuring their removal from all operational facilities recognising operational dependencies.
* Understand Service architecture and "estate".
* Provide input to Service management reporting which is both accurate and timely.
* Ensure Capacity Management Plans and Capacity Monitoring in place.
* Work with the business to understand the trends and future requirements as part of Capacity Management Planning.
* Ensure operational recoverability and Disaster Recovery plans are in place and tested.
* Own the accountability for the applicable Service Change pipeline to ensure changes are properly authorised and that service impact and change related faults are minimised.
* Maintain the SRR (Service Risk Register) and plan for the remediation of identified deficiencies.
* Accountable for Service Improvement Plans as appropriate; ongoing ownership and execution.
* Review supplier performance and Customer satisfaction to ensure that transitioned services meet current and evolve to meet future business requirements undertaking customer surveys as appropriate.
* Ensure appropriate release policies and plans are in place for all agreed services.
* Assist with Service Designs and represent Service Management at TDAs.
* Ensure appropriate risk assessments are undertaken including threat and impact analysis and ensuring suitable counter-measures and plans are in place.
* Acts as co-ordination point for any temporary Changes to service levels required (i.e. extra support hours required by the Customer, reduced Levels of Service over a period of maintenance required by the Fujitsu and other Third Party Suppliers etc.).
* Represent Service Management on Change management boards.
* Negotiate and agree with both the Customer/IT Business Partner Managers, Fujitsu, Capita and other Third Party Suppliers any Service Level Requirements for any proposed new/developing services.
* Attend and participate in Operational and Service Readiness reviews.
* ITIL v 3 Foundation (minimum)
* Significant experience in IT Service Transition management and Service Design.
* Previous experience in technology/service delivery/management of service operations.
* Wide and detailed IT knowledge, together with the ability to quickly understand the services provided to the business and the business' use of those services, including delivery of Digital Solutions and Agile delivery arrangements .
* Demonstrable experience .in end to end service management of enterprise, complex business-critical systems with user populations in excess of 500.
* Experienced in coordinating customers, service desk, infrastructure, applications, 3rd party suppliers during service transition.
* Experienced in risk management and service improvement
* Strong customer service and relationship management
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
This role is to start asap and will pay £477 per day Ltd/Umbrella
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.