- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Digital Support Manager (DevOps)
A reputable retail organisation is requiring a Digital Support Manager to join their offices in Fareham, Hampshire on a permanent basis.
A reputable retail organisation is requiring a Digital Support Manager to provide support to the deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting of their digital application and platform, working in a DevOps environment.
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Digital Planning & Operations, you will focus on the reliability of our Digital platforms, working within our DevOps structure to ensure that the performance and availability of the platforms is under constant scrutiny and improvement.
As a Digital Support Manager/Site Reliability Engineer you will work in a fast-moving DevOps environment. You will use your experience to enhance the services offered by our Digital function by monitoring and resolving issues within our development and production environments.
You will work closely with our Managed Services partner, ensuring the availability and performance of our application portfolio, toolset and platform is maintained to the highest possible level, as well as helping us drive platform improvements through our development backlog.
We work in an Agile/DevOps structure, so you will work closely with a Platform support development team (including a Technical Product Owner) in developing and prioritising a backlog of work to make constant improvements based on value to our customers.
Working collaboratively, as part of a DevOps delivery team, you will:
- Contribute to the deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting of our digital application and platform
- Provide operational support to our Managed Services team when needed, at times being the owner in the event of a Major Incident
- Harness the insights provided by our monitoring solutions to inform where improvements should be made
- Develop our monitoring and performance capability through use/development of the tooling and demonstrating the value to stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to iterate the product backlog and help to prioritise and phase deliverables to maximise business value
- Be proactive in flagging, escalating and owning the resolution of site reliability and performance issues across our digital estate
- Work with our Architects to analyse impact and/or provide insights into possible outcomes of design decisions
- Work with our Testing functions to establish agreed Non-Functional Requirement levels around performance that can be added to automated testing and ensuring that our monitoring approach aligns closely with our performance testing approach
- Provide insight into how we can better deploy resilient, highly available systems
- Share your knowledge with the wider Digital team to ensure the value of site reliability is properly understood
- Contribute to daily stand-ups, estimation and planning, retrospectives and other Agile ceremonies
Key Skills, Ability or Experience
- Experience of working in an Agile or DevOps background, preferably for enterprise business
- Experience in deploying, monitoring and troubleshooting large scale, distributed, cloud systems
- Knowledge of common web/e-commerce tech stack including (but not limited to)
- AWS & Azure hosting solutions
- Network Protocols (HTTPS, TLS etc.)
- Experience of working with enterprise monitoring tooling such as Datadog (preferred), DynaTrace, Rigor, Google Analytics, SolarWinds, New Relic, App Dynamics etc.
- Highly numerate, data-savvy and a good communicator
- Technical problem solving
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Good commercial / business knowledge, comfortable presenting to technical & non-technical audiences
- Experience of creating and managing budgets. Demonstrable ability to identify and implement savings and exploit opportunities
- Experience of ecommerce businesses and multi-site retail environments preferred
- Experience of planning and delivering complex digital solutions.
- Agile delivery experience, ideally with supporting qualifications.
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships.
- Good communication - be able to confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals.
This is a permanent position with salaries available up to £65,000 per annum with an extensive benefits package. Remote work also available but ideally someone who is also happy to travel and be based in Fareham, Hampshire when required.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.