- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Senior Systems Engineer
ystems Engineer required for a 3 month contract (possibility of extending) based in Southampton, Hampshire.
Systems Engineer required for a 3 month contract (possibility of extending) based in Southampton, Hampshire.
Working inside of IR35 for a well-established NHS organisation, you will work within the Systems Team which is responsible for the maintenance and development of the IT Infrastructure systems, Directory Services and Disaster Recovery. You will be the subject matter expert in a number of the technologies underpinning the ICT Infrastructure. You will work on an on-going Office 365 migration to help with the task of accelerating the migration and improving the user experience for staff.
You will play a key part in helping to support and maintain the Trusts IT infrastructure and will gain exposure to some of the latest technologies. You will enjoy a varied range of work including: incident management and problem management, leading and supporting infrastructure projects, NOC systems monitoring and maintenance
- To analyse and resolve complex IT Infrastructure issues and communicate appropriate advice and give guidance or training to technical and non-technical users in a clear non-technical manner.
- Lead the implementation of the IT policy for the organisation within the context of the IT Systems Infrastructure, and to suggest relevant changes.
- Provide and receive highly complex information regarding IT Infrastructure technologies to technical colleagues and non-technical senior managers and customer groups.
- To complete installation and change forms to maintain the accuracy of the Service Desk inventory database & Active Directory.
- Co-ordinate the IT Infrastructure Systems Engineers and to allocate work as appropriate.
- To be responsible for providing and maintaining the integrity of the server infrastructure and directory services.
- To ensure that adequate DR arrangements are maintained to provide suitable recovery procedures in the event of server failure.
For this role, you need the following experience:
- You must have a high level of knowledge of Microsoft server technology and ideally have some previous experience in supporting Azure/Office 365
- In-depth knowledge of networking protocols and related systems
- Experience of configuring routers and switches, firewalls and other network equipment
- Understanding of IT Security issues including backup systems and anti-virus measures.
This role is to start ASAP and will pay between £25 - £32per hour (umbrella - Inside of IR35)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.