- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Senior IT Support Administrator
Senior IT Support Administrator is required on a permanent basis based in Kettering
Senior IT Support Administrator is required on a permanent basis based in Kettering - up to 30k
The IT Administrator will be required form part of a wider virtual operations team, leading the IT efforts in the Kettering based warehouse distribution site. The IT Administrator's team are made up of dedicated skilled staff providing IT operational support. Operating alongside other delivery and service departments, the IT services function are responsible for the design, running and continuity of the IT operations and infrastructure within the Supply Chain sites. As such, a requirement to demonstrate strong customer relations and stakeholder management is central. This role will go further to act as a support ambassador and manager for all aspects of IT including Application and other services used by the company.
The IT Administrator will be required to maintain and develop the IT Systems, Applications, Network & Infrastructure to meet business needs. The role will be to support system users across site; to participate in wider strategic systems changes and support the introduction of new production equipment requiring IT interfacing.
Day to day responsibilities-
* Take technical responsibility for all IT systems on site, ensuring efficient, reliable and cost effective running supporting production, customer service call centre and admin PC users.
* Ensure the systems usage is managed effectively in order to develop and promote good practice and responsible usage of IT systems on site. Make senior management team aware of any identified misuse.
* Pro-actively manage the network infrastructure with particular focus on the stability and security of the infrastructure and continuity of service, antivirus provision, backup management and system recovery in the event of a major component failure.
* Resolve issues with end users ensuring minimum disruption to production and service to stores. Keep users updated on the status of open issues and the steps being taken to resolve them. Where appropriate, advise end users on working practices to minimise recurrence of issues.
* Plan, recommend and assist in the design of telecommunication systems, provide research and recommendations on suitable telecommunications equipment, and ensure ordering and installation of telecommunication and data systems equipment and cabling is done on a timely basis.
Experience/skills required -
* High level of systems knowledge: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2
* Entry level experience in administrating VMware ESXi 5.5 or higher environments
* Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
* Installing and configuring Windows based systems
* Networking (LAN/WAN topologies) particularly Cisco technologies as a preference
* Flexibility on hours, as role may require out of hours attendance to work on systems while production is down or quiet.
* Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and maintain a calm and professional demeanour in a user-facing role.
* Understanding and experience of backup and disaster recovery scenarios
* Ability to communicate information at different levels to a wide variety of people
This role is to start asap and will pay between £25k - £30k p/a plus excellent benefits.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.