- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Field Engineer (Installation)
We have an urgent requirement for Fibre Engineers to join one of the fastest growing Telecomms Companies in the UK.
Field Engineer - Installations
The work is currently based in Central London. You will be attending customer sites to install fibre optic network lines, coming in from the street to the customer's premises. You'll normally be working as part of a two man team and working from one van.
- Receiving fibre splicing work orders from the Provisioning Team
- Interpreting company Survey and Fibre Plan as per internal governance.
- Meet with customer contact on the site where fibre install required.
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Pulling fibre 12f cable through cable chamber in the street
- Work to identify most convenient cable route both externally and internally.
- Install Fibre 12f and 2 core cable within customers premises
- Ability to meet then exceed internal KPIs
A pragmatist with the ability to identify and implement a solution. Someone who has the drive to succeed but at the same time is affable and personable. You need to be highly capable both independently, and as a group member. You must be able to plan your day, in a rational way, in order to deliver against the company's KPI's.
- Experience working on FTTP projects
- Knowledge of different fibre types
- Experience using a fusion splicer and in fibre splicing
- Previous experience operating iOLM and OTDR
- Experience of working in teams
- Experience of Core drilling
- Experienced working within a diverse team and equally happy to work independently.
- Excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills, via phone, or face to face.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities.
- Experienced in working within a diverse team and equally happy to work independently.
- Strong multitasking & problem-solving abilities.
- Previous experience in working with a carrier such as Openreach, Virgin Media is advantageous.
- An understanding in PON and active ethernet technologies is desirable.
- Use of Microsoft Word, Excel
- A clean driving licence
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.