- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Infrastructure Architect required for a 6 month contract (potential to extend) based in West Sussex. (Remote working initially)
Working for a leading Utilities organisation, as Infrastructure Architect, you will define best practices in the evaluation and selection of software components and related hardware/infrastructure requirements of the applications and its data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods, support processes, best practices and tools. You will be responsible for application non-functional aspects for example usability, accessibility, quality, security, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity
* Provide architectural oversight and support for the application and infrastructure environment
* Capacity planning, availability, performance, house-keeping, monitoring
* Using Component-Based Architectures and also Application Packages
* Architecting new IT Solutions as required
* Designing and maintaining the application solution delivery and infrastructure environment
* Liaising with 3rd party product providers to understand future enhancements, product roadmaps, new developments and communicate as required to business, user and IT Stakeholders
* Reviewing proposals to enhance or modify the configuration or functionality of firewalls, servers, applications, databases and other critical elements of the infrastructure
* Leading technical teams as appropriate in application development/support activities
* Experience of end-to-end application solution architecture/design methods and patterns for example design in areas such as COTS, Web/Digital, operational technologies, back-office and front-office
* Experience in product evaluation, gap-fit analysis, design, delivery and support
* Experience in Windows, virtualised hardware and VM (e.g. Citrix) environments
* Experience in application integration using services-oriented and/or middleware approaches
* Experience in deployment of applications into hosted / data centre environments and associated configuration of application and infrastructure
This position is to start ASAP and will pay between £575 - £675 per day ltd/umbrella (outside of IR35) depending on your level of experience.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.