- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
2nd Line Support Engineer
2n Line Support Engineer required for a 12 month FTC based in Worthing (working remotely initially)
2rd Line / Desktop Support Engineer required for a 12 month FTC based in Worthing (working remotely initially)
Working for a leading utilities organisation, as 2rd line support/Site Technician, you will work across a broad range of technologies and liaise across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests.
The IT Site Technician will provide general user support for desktop, printer, and mobile devices. Support will be delivered both remotely via ServiceNow ticketing platform or face to face through site visits in the field.
This role will have strong technical expertise in the client OS platforms and technologies.
The IT Site Technician will be required to be able to configure core apps/applications in order to support mobile technology and security activities.
Scope of role
* Triage and where possible resolve tickets that have been raised in ServiceNow.
* To produce service improvement initiatives to increase the performance and resilience of the in scope technology.
* Build and install PCs, telephone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards.
* Provides advice and guidance to colleagues regarding incidents.
* Maintain installed PCs, networks, telephone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance.
* Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems.
* Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation.
* Work with Site Operational Support Manager and Technical Team Leader to plan and deliver project based activities.
* Mentor, train and develop junior staff members within the team. Knowledge share and where possible shift left responsibilities to Service Desk.
* At least 2 years' experience within Enterprise IT Environment in a Desktop support role.
* Understanding of application technologies, and service management / monitoring approaches.
* Employs a structured approach to questioning and adopts a logical troubleshooting methodology.
* General knowledge of IT hardware and peripherals.
* ITIL Foundation preferred.
* Windows 7, Windows 10, SCCM, MS Office Suite, MS Server OS, networking, VMware, Citrix, print environments.
This role is to start ASAP and offers a completive FTC salary between 30k - 37k depending on your level of experience
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.