- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Application Support Developer
Networkers are working with a financial organisation that are looking for an Application Support Developer to work closely with their Finance team.
This position is remote for the foreseeable future and could be 100% remote.
Application Support Developer - 12 month FTC
This position is going to be remote for the forseable future and could even be 100% remote for the duration.
The Business Systems Applications Support team ensure all Business systems meet the agreed Production operational needs of the business. The team monitor, improve, support, configure and provision Applications in a timely, structured and efficient manner, delivering high quality services as part of the applications team.
The teams core purpose is the control, support, enhance and configure the business systems within the estate, ensuring that the organisation has the appropriate access and support to tools to effectively run the business.
As an Application Support Developer, you will be responsible for the redesign, development, testing, and delivery of a number of Excel based solutions. You will be expected to have experience of SQL and Excel (VBA), with exposure to development tools such as C# or similar. You will need to work closely with the Finance Subject Matter Experts to understand the business processes around the current Excel based Finance systems, documenting the current systems and working with the Business Information, Management Information and Application Development team to assist in their redevelopment. They will also be expected to support the existing Excel systems until they have transitioned to their replacement systems.
Responsibilities Of The Role
- Document, maintain and support the redevelopment of Microsoft Excel Based systems
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on Excel to Macro level supporting business users in their role
- Work within established development guidelines, standards, methodologies, and naming conventions
- Working with the Technology & Change Program team to plan the work involved in modernising the current Excel systems, working to agreed timelines and resource plans
- Gain a thorough understanding of the requirements and ensure the project plan includes tasks that address each of them
- Collaborate with team members to project risks, design mitigation plans, and development estimates
- Participate in quality assurance and testing activities according to planned schedules
- Ensures work and product aligns with customer requirements
- Able to manage own time and provide guides to management of expected development timeframes.
- Must adhere to the FCA conduct rules
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.