- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Front End Web Developer
Our client are a cutting edge GIS imaging software house seeking an experienced front end web developer to join them in their Bracknell offices.
You'll be working on an industry leading image analysis software to make customised tools for customers with an emphasis on web-based solutions. Customers range from big to small, from blue chip to start-up, from domain experts to end-users. We help them get the answers they need from remote sensed data through our enterprise and desktop-based applications.
To succeed you will be a confident programmer, ideally in the web application domain, with a scientific mindset. You should be comfortable in a geoscience environment and keen to embrace new technologies. There's a large amount of interaction with customers and users, so it's essential to be able to communicate professionally. Our ideal candidate might have a background in Computer Sciences, Geography, Physics, or a similar subject. Some work will be carried out in the defence environment, so the candidate should be willing and eligible to apply for national security clearances.
Required skills and experience;
- Degree qualified in natural or computer sciences, engineering or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Familiar with AWS Cloud platform.
- Strong software development experience in a scientific domain such as geospatial analytics, remote sensing or data visualisation.
- Experienced in in scoping and planning software development projects experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and domains.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Existing UK SC security clearance or eligibility
- Experience with GIS applications
- Experience with cloud deployment, hosting technology solutions, Platform as a Services (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) would be an advantage.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.