- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Java Developer (Current UKIC DV clearance required)
UKIC DV Cleared Java Developer - This is an exciting role working on Java projects pertaining to National Security, Autonomy, Connectivity and Cyber Security. This role requires current UKIC DV Agency clearance in order to be considered.
UKIC DV Cleared Java Developer - This is an exciting role working on Java projects pertaining to National Security, Autonomy, Connectivity and Cyber Security. This role requires current Enhanced DV Agency clearance in order to be considered due to the urgency of the role.
You will be working with one of the most innovative and exciting R&D companies in the country, providing opportunities for staff to work at the cutting edge, pursue their own projects and exceptional career opportunities for progression, training and technical development.
This is a varied role covering a range of technology, it is the perfect opportunity for passionate technologists who enjoy working on new problems, want to expand their skills and solve novel problems.
Technical areas of interest: Alongside a strong foundation of Java skills and the Current DV clearance experience in any of the following would be interesting.
- Relevant architectural styles e.g. micro service architecture, REST.
- Database design, integration, management & maintenance (migration).
- Development & debugging tools & techniques e.g. IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans, PyCharm, WebStorm, JDB, PDB.
- VCS tools & techniques e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN, Git Flow, branching, merging, patching.
- Best practice e.g. design patterns, unit testing, code coverage, static analysis, dynamic analysis, language specifics (OWASP, SEI CERT for Java).
- Systems engineering & modelling languages, tools & techniques e.g. UML, SysML, Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, MDA & MBSE.
- Development methodologies e.g. Agile (XP, SCRUM, LeSS, SAFe), Waterfall, V-Model, Spiral.
- DevOps techniques, tools & infrastructure e.g. continuous integration, continuous deployment, Bamboo, Jenkins, Gitlab, Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, vRealize, vSphere etc.
- Different paradigms e.g. procedural/object oriented, functional/imperative.
- Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team and grasp opportunities. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.