- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Software Tools Engineer
A Software Tools Engineer is required on a perm basis based in Bath (can work flexibly once up and running on project)
The Software Tools Engineer will be a part of the Intelligent Systems' R&D team and will be responsible for developing innovative software tools that position us to efficiently deliver next-generation software-based systems to customers.
Working within the Eclipse framework, your role will be to help product roadmaps including:
* Working with product owners to capture tool requirements
* Architecture design of new features
* Implementation of new features in Java and Eclipse-based model-transformation languages
* Definition & implementation of APIs
* Working with 3rd parties (partners and suppliers) to integrate new and existing tools
* Following quality control procedures such as reviews & testing to company standards
* Participating in maintenance of product backlog and sprint planning
* Research into novel techniques for extracting metrics from model-based repositories
* Internal and external dissemination of research results and case studies via papers, conference presentations, engineering forums etc.
Skills and experience required -
* A degree (BSc or MSc) in a relevant science or engineering discipline eg. computer science, software engineering, electronic engineering
* Knowledge and experience of building tools using Java within the Eclipse framework
* Excellent organisational, oral communication and written skills
* Being able to work effectively both as part of a team and when working alone
* A high degree of interpersonal skills
* A commitment to quality and outstanding results
* An ability to think analytically, rigorously and creatively
* Knowledge and experience of building Eclipse features and plug-ins using Maven and Tycho
* Knowledge and experience of model management languages supported by Eclipse such as EMF and Sirius
* An ability to elicit requirements from domain experts and work in an agile manner to refine the requirements through prototyping and feedback sessions
* A sound appreciation of the underlying principles of software engineering for complex embedded systems
* Knowledge of industry-standard tools and techniques, and a critical appreciation of their strengths and weaknesses
This role is to start asap and will offer between £30-£35k p/a plus a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.
You will be required to have basic security clearance for this role.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.