- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Head of IT
Head of IT - This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded, excellence driven individual to drive customer growth at one of the most innovative telecoms companies in the UK.
Head of IT - opportunity based in Central London for growing telecomms organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded, excellence driven individual to design, develop and launch the IT strategy at one of the most innovative telecoms companies in the UK.
You will be working in a small group of colleagues and will take on all hands-on aspects of working in an IT team as well as being a strategist and visionary!
Over the next 2 years, this organisation will be going through a substantial period of growth. As such, they need a Head of IT to focus on designing and implementing an IT strategy to help influence the business and improve infrastructure efficiencies.
* Maintain an awareness of the changes in the technology sector, identifying and introducing new technologies which will benefit the organisation through increased efficiencies and an improved customer experience.
* Support business processes and audits linked to GDPR
* Clearly define the IT strategy for the next 1-3 years
* Drive service delivery strategy, departmental processes and policies.
* Perform requirements gathering, working with stakeholders to scope IT projects.
* Work closely with the senior management team to overcome business challenges with the use of technology.
* Manage vendors & supplier relationships and liaise with them to find the best fit hardware or software for business.
* Train and mentor junior IT administrators in the department.
* Conduct regular review of systems, procedures and controls.
* Develop and enhance existing support processes.
* Apply a proactive & efficient approach to system reliability & high availability.
* Responsible for Active Directory, Domain administration & Windows Operation
* Maintain and administer the office IT systems. Firewalls, Switches, Routers, Printers & Wi-Fi.
* Act as first point of contact for service providers regarding invoices and ensure stock levels are maintained.
* Maintain the software licence register to ensure compliance between licences owned and used.
* Manage and control the firm's laptops & security.
* Manage the internal cabling infrastructure
* Maintain company Intranet.
* Enforce security policies on all company hardware & software.
* Be hands on & work alongside your team to deliver projects.
* Keep IT Infrastructure & Systems up to date, secure and patched at all times.
* Keep the IT requests queue to bare minimum by completing them all as per SLAs.
* Deliver all IT projects effectively and on time
* Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
* Degree Level Education, knowledge of ITIL and Prince 2 Frameworks
* Significant experience in a similar role with proven track record
* Experience of IT support process design, governance and delivery
* Experience of managing processes and activities within an organization to ensure compliance with set of policies and standards and working with cross functional teams to achieve this
* Experience working with AWS
* Strong communication skills
* Microsoft qualifications, MTA, MCSA
* Network qualifications such as CCNA or equivalent experience is desirable
* Proficient in installation, configuration and maintenance of following:
* Various Operating Systems (Windows Server, Unix/Linux)
* Active Directory Services
* Windows Server Domain Controller Implementation
* VM Ware
* Backup Facilities
* Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software
* A self starter, a natural affinity with IT concepts and Service Management
* Good organisational & time management skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.