- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
1st Line Support
Our client is now looking for a 1st line/2nd line support engineer to join them in Weybridge, Surrey
SUBSIDIARY / DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Providing front-line Customer Service Support, receiving requests from B2B customers, product reseller and internal teams
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To be the first point of contact for all incoming service desk services queries via system, e-mail, telephone. To log support calls in Service Desk system(s) and attempt to resolve the issue, passing those calls which cannot be resolved to specialist teams (Level 3). And take ownership of queries until resolved by communicating L3 and customers.
- Provide 1st line support to B2B customers and internal teams
- Communicating with IT Contacts in UK, across Europe and globally
- Liaising with technical teams for the speedy resolution of calls.
- Attempt to resolve customer issues using Knowledge, guidance and Known Error Database.
- Assign unsolved problems and queries to relevant engineers.
- Monitor and manage calls by chasing the specialist teams and customers where required to ensure resolution within agreed SLAs.
- Produce Service Desk weekly/monthly and daily (if requested) statistics and reports.
- Keep records on system access for new staff
- Understanding and recording the detail of issues such as Symptom, issued model SKU, device quantity affected, frequency, reproduction steps, purchased device quantity for the issued model SKU, required info for troubleshooting (screenshots, log files)
- Take ownership of cases from a queue (case assignment) according to the severity and issue descriptions
- Determine the severity of the issues based on the table "Severity Definition and Expected Response Time".
- Get error logs from the phone for troubleshooting to investigate device issues deeply. Share the guide if requested.
- Escalate to Level 3 (GSME - Global Subject Matter Expert) if triage and investigation of issues to identify and isolate the root causes are necessary.
- Summarize the 1st review into "Case Comment."
- Attach the additional info. (screenshot, log files) to "Case Comment", when escalating.
- Ask SI/Reseller customers for their 1st analysis report, attach it to "Case Comment."
- Maintaining contact with L3 for analysis/solution.
- Escalate inquiries and problems to Authorized Service Centers if faults require hardware repair.
- Closing issues
- Resolve cases with resolution report that L1 or L3 creates. Note that L1s can also generate the report with their resolution.
- Manage Resolved cases to be closed on the system.
- Daily pending and SLA management
- Fluent in English
- ITIL Foundation qualification will be an advantage
- Good experience of MS Office. Candidates with experience in the IT industry will be of great interest
- Software/UX development and testing experience
- Awareness of, and ability to reason about, mobile ecosystem, including updates generally
- Practical experience running large scale online systems as IT support technician or admin, experienced with associated troubleshooting skills.
- Multi-OS support experience for smartphones and tablets running Android, OS and Windows 10.
- Technical writing (Example: FAQ, Technical guide and Knowledgebase).
- Experience Zone or Product Lab to test sample and SW products.
- Previous experience in customer service/helpdesk experience
- Knowledge in Ticket(VOC) management system in SW product and services
- Speaking in Other European languages, will be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge and Experience on Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions, MDM (Mobile Device Management), MAM (Mobile application Management) or MCM (Mobile Content Management)
- Android devices in the enterprise and in particular Samsung Android devices
- Knowledge and experience on Knox products such as Knox workspace, KC, KME, etc
- Industry recognised certifications for enterprise mobility and security (for
- example, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Mobility+).
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.