- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
A Telecoms Engineer is required for 6 months (likely to be extended) based in Greenwich, London.
The Telecoms Engineer will be working inside IR35 for a well-known government organisation. The Telecoms Engineer will be within the Engineering team, coordinating the delivery of radio telecommunications engineering outcomes of the TETRA based Connect Radio system. This activity covers the Connect, Airwave systems with a focus on train radio elements. The Telecoms Engineer will provide specialist telecoms discipline engineering support to the lead telecoms engineer and will have accountabilities ranging from requirements elicitation through to production of design material and interdisciplinary design/testing co-ordination.
Day to day duties will include -
· Develop telecommunications design documentation (reports, schedules, drawings) against client requirements to deliver cost effective, technically viable solutions.
· Produce technical specifications and outline designs for telecommunications assets and systems to deliver the agreed scope and at a suitable level to progress onwards contractual engagement.
· Ensure compliance with applicable industry standards, specifications and procedures
· Contribute to successful high level systems integration through co-ordination with relevant disciplines and parties.
· Create upgrade/migration plans
· Provide telecommunications technical advice and expertise to the wider project team.
· Coordinate radio telecommunications and related engineering activities between Engineering and the delivery business:
o Connect Radio Programme Manager
o Engineering Manager, Networks
Skills and Experience required -
This is a role which requires candidates to possess all the skills, knowledge and experience of delivering modifications and renewals to existing telecommunications infrastructure without the need for the business to develop required capability.
· Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
· Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence.
· Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget and quality.
· Ability to use office based computer packages, e.g. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) in a common engineering capacity.
Knowledge of the following telecommunication systems found within the transportation industry.
· Knowledge of TETRA based operational telecommunications systems architecture, design and deployment within subsurface railways is highly desirable.
· Knowledge of Multi band, multi technology (TETRA/GSM/UMTS/LTE etc.) Active and Passive Radio infrastructure deployments.
· Knowledge of maintenance requirements and good industry practice.
· Knowledge of safety legislation and operating rules and regulations.
· Knowledge and understanding of designer responsibilities under CDM regulations.
· Knowledge and capability to undertake quality inspections and site investigations.
· Knowledge of risk management principles.
· Extensive working experience within the Operational Telecoms domain, preferably within the transport industry and TETRA based systems is highly desirable.
· Experience of working with TETRA compliant Motorola's Dimetra IP product is highly desirable
· Experience of working with TETRA core equipment and train mobiles, radio dispatcher terminals and train radio controllers is highly desirable
· Wide experience of providing professional and technical advice, guidance and support on telecommunications delivery projects.
· Experience of carrying out technical document review and analysis.
· Experience of building relationships with, and influencing, a range of people at all levels within and outside the organisation.
· Experience of working in a construction or engineering environment.
This role is to start asap and will pay £323 PAYE per day or £434 Umbrella per day
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.