- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Senior Digital Optimisation Manager
The successful candidate will be extremely technical but also able to drive through end to end and lead a team, looking to step up into a Head of Digital Marketing role in future.
They will set and manage the paid digital strategy with continual measurement against the framework they define with the Head of Digital. They will shape data and appoint new technologies to improve insight and inform future strategic growth opportunities, optimising return on investment against national and local marketing spend, and ultimately improving the targeted approach to our marketing communications plan.
- Defines the Paid Search or Programmatic (digital display) strategy as part of the annual plan and sets KPIs and objectives accordingly.
- Accountable for Google Marketing Platform - the media buying across all paid channels, relationships, licences and training for the team and accountable to associated budget.
- Defines the paid media plan for the business with clear KPIs and deliverables and briefs and manages the media agency.
- Sets campaign strategy and oversees the execution for paid search (PPC) or digital display across all paid search /display platforms and drive daily optimisation of key metrics. Shapes online segmentation plan, defining audiences based on offline insight and online performance.
- Overall accountability for +£12m media buys. Responsible for media buying in the display or PPC environment using the Google Marketing Platform using segments created with the insights team and the media agency, structuring the account based on campaign objectives by audience type.
- Mapping customer journeys, including conversion and attribution metrics, and carrying out market segmentation analysis
- Monitor media and website performance via analytic tools and provide feedback and actionable insights to business stakeholders. Measure and report against established goals (ROI & KPI's)
- Communicating findings in an effective way, supporting the marketing team to tell compelling stories and make business cases for marketing investment
- Sets measurement frameworks dashboards and reports that facilitate the assessment of marketing performance by channel, category and segments. To be presented to the wider business at a senior level.
- Sets monthly dashboard and reports to share insights and campaign/website performance with relevant business stakeholders that ladder back to the annul plan.
- Leads the wider marketing team on tracking new initiatives, add value through recommendations based on data to improve user experience and likely success of activity
- Evaluate emerging technologies and current on industry tools, techniques and competitor marketing strategies
- Responsible for leading and developing a team of 3-6 Marketing Managers and Marketing Executive and ensure their positive contribution to meet business objectives. You will agree and review performance development plans and quarterly objectives for your team and monitor via regular 121s. Supporting your reports learning and development needs, you will also pursue excellence and their engagement and enablement in pursuit of personal and business goals.
Skills and Experience
- Experienced senior marketeer with focus on programmatic or PPC experience
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to navigate through complexity & ambiguity.
- A comprehensive understanding of data and data analysis, metrics and tracking mechanisms
- Leadership skills and track record in building collaborative relationships
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with all areas of the business and build relationships
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commercial acumen, able to monitor and manage budgets
- The ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment and willing to take ownership
- Willingness to travel (including overnight stays) and possess a valid driving licence
- Relevant digital qualifications and courses including being proficient in Google stack
- Knowledge of the optical or hearing category would be helpful but not essential
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver a high volume of quality work, and hitting tight deadlines
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.