- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Senior Incident Response Analyst
A Senior Incident Response Analyst required on a permanent basis working in Cheltenham.
This is an exciting role working for a UK based solutions provider and systems integrator operating in the Defence and Aerospace markets.
As a senior responder, you will be responsible for monitoring identifiers and suspect activity that indicates a potential security incident. This will make use of intrusion prevention systems, vulnerability scanning tools and malware forensics. You will be proficient in IR with an understanding of real-world APT tools, tactics, and procedures, and be able to quickly determine the nature of the threat and deliver the appropriate response.
There is a competitive Salary on offer as well as a generous benefits package.
* Previous experience as a security analyst
* Proven experience of intrusion detection and vulnerability analysis
* Experience with network analysis tools, and an ability to conduct packet capture analysis
* Excellent understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, DNS etc. and commonly used internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, etc.
* Operating systems and system administration skills in either Windows/Solaris/Linux
* Knowledge of intrusion detection systems and methods of security hacking/penetration testing
* The ability to perform malware triage
* Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, PHP, etc.)
* Experience with reviewing raw log files, data correlation, and analysis (i.e. firewall, network flow, IDS, system logs)
This is an ideal role for someone who has a keen interest in providing cyber security protection services
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.