- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Our client is now looking for a DevOps Lead position to join them in Reading
In this Technical Lead role, you'll provide oversight, technical leadership, and direction to extended (internal and third party) Data and Analytics (DnA) Platform and Analytics Solution DevOps Teams from a best practice, quality assurance and governance perspective.
You'll be working with the Head of Delivery and chosen partners in an extended team of internal and external professionals to develop and implement Development and CI/CD standards, best practice and governance standards for Development and Operations within DnA and your job will include responsibilities across: MS Azure Platform and Analytics Solution Development; Operations; Delivery Methodology; Delivery Quality Assurance and Governance; Solution Design and Delivery.
You'll be delivering a Microsoft Azure platform DevOps service to support a broad range of exciting analytics projects across our Generation, Networks (Distribution/Transmission), Trading, B2B and Enterprise (Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and more) businesses. This will include both the in-house delivery of code and data to production, and a governance role where you'll be working in partnership with 3rd-party service providers to ensure code comes in on time, to quality and in line with the overall analytics principles.
Hands on, you'll also contribute directly to the build and deployment activities involved in establishing the new platform then work on the significant pipeline of future analytics projects.
Your Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of agile development, with the ability to work on complex projects and manage third party resources in a distributed environment designing and developing using the Azure analytics components including Data Lake Analytics, Power BI and Microsoft Visual Studio, Data Factory, SQL DB/DW and SSIS and be fully conversant with agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts as applied to data driven analytics projects.
- Expertise in designing, building, and operating MS Azure cloud infrastructure to support mission critical systems with a track record of delivering high availability.
- Experience writing scripts (PowerShell) to build and deploy environments using Infrastructure-as-Code, along with VSTS experience, is essential.
- Experience implementing and executing CI/CDstrategies; designing, building, and operating solutions using Azure cloud technologies; working with cloud automation tools; with Data Management e.g. data profiling, large volume data handling; using VSTS, Jira, Git and other CI/CD tooling; with automated data driven testing for example Apache/Spark.
- You'll also understand the pros and cons of big-data processing approaches, be able to communicate analytics concepts to non-technical stakeholders and will demonstrate the ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance and infrastructure, as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.