- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Senior Security/Infrastructure Engineer
I have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cyber / Security Engineer with a background in Infrastructure to work on leading government projects as part of a large global MSP.
As a Senior Cyber / Security Engineer you will be expected to work with minimum direction, and may have junior engineers working under your guidance on larger programmes. It is also expected that Senior Engineer will support colleagues to ensure the implementation of the technical security environment for the complete solution is robust
To succeed in the role the successful candidate must be capable of implementing logical security controls from low level designs (LLD) for systems supporting a varied customer base which includes customers in classified environments. The role will primarily be working within a matrix managed environment reporting to a Lead Architect for developing and delivering the Cyber Security aspects of an overall solution. The role will see you working in delivery and BAU environments. Candidates must be willing to undergo SC clearance, and possibly DV clearance if required.
- Excellent understanding / experience of end to end information computing technology (ICT) infrastructures both at a branch, data centre and public cloud to be able to confidently deploy logical / virtual security technologies in to existing brown field, and greenfield solutions.
- Establish and evangelise security engineering best practices to the team, and wider organisation.
- Exposure to working on or within classified systems or programs is a big plus.
- Assist in the evaluation of new products in to proof of concepts (POC) or labs to evaluate functions, capability.
- Assist with investigating any incidents, root cause analysis deep dives.
- Understanding of the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) triad and what constraints this introduces to a solution.
- Experience in reviewing low level design artefacts as an subject matter expert (SME) for specific logical security technologies to identify issues, compatibility.
- Experienced in producing operational management guides (OMG) for the ongoing BAU running of the service.
- Experience of the rigorous engineering quality control processes such as peer reviews and independent tests.
- Proficient with the full suite of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, Visio.
- Experience working in delivery and business as usual (BAU) environments.
- Extensive experience of working with the disciplines of a Change Controlled environment
- A deep understanding of Identity, Authentication, Authorisation, and Auditing services to include SAML, LDAP, Kerberos, and PKI.
- Excellent Microsoft product deployment experience to include Active Directory, Federated Active Directory, Public Key (Root CA, Subordinate CA)
- A thorough understanding of the OSI 7 layers and how differing logical security controls interact at each layer.
- A thorough understanding of the TCP/IP suite to include basic subnetting.
- Exposure to implementing NCSC, NIST, and Centre for Internet Security (CIS) lockdowns, best practice.
- A thorough understanding of the implementation of network and boundary protection technologies as both physical, and virtual platforms to include but not limited to Firewalls, Access Control Lists, Virtual Routing Forwarders, DDoS, VPN, Mail Gateways, Web Proxies, Load Balancers including Web Application Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Services, and Intrusion Detection Services.
- A thorough understanding of the implementation of application protection technologies as both physical, and virtual platforms to include but not limited to Hardware Security Modules (HSM), Anti-Virus, End Point Controls (USB Controls, Encryption, Firewall, IPS,DLP), Mutual Authentication, SSL, TLS, DLP, and Encryption.
- A deep understanding / knowledge of implementing, configuring, and the operation of SIEM solutions.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.