- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Software Engineer - MS Access
Software Engineer - MS Access & MS SQL required for a 12 month contract based in Clevedon, North Somerset.
Working for a leading manufacturing and solutions organisation, the purpose of this role is to improve the data integrity, quality & functionality of existing business critical software tools which overlay the MRP system. In addition, the role is to prepare / amend / modify / create applications to support the pending implementation of the SAP ERP system.
* Review, debug, compile, rework the existing MRW1 and other MS Access, TSQL & DB2 SQL based critical business software
* The software processes and the business processes will need to be documented in line with the actual business and software process. The system outputs will need to be tested and validated.
* To ensure that all re-written or new code is done using defensive coding techniques
* To support our transition to SAP including, Data extraction, data manipulation & clean-up
* MRW = 'Mapics Report Writer' which is an MS Access & MS SQL application which supports the existing ERP system (ERP system is 'MAPICS' which runs on an AS400). They are currently in the process of implementing SAP ERP which will replace MAPCIS. Some MRW functionality will need to be transitioned to work with SAP
For this role you need to have the following experience:
* Expert level of MS Access development
* Expert level of VBA including ADO, DAO, ODBC technologies, Error handling
* Expert level of TSQL including DDL & DML, Stored Procedures, Functions, Jobs, Error handling
* Knowledge of DB2 SQL
* Knowledge of the ERP process would be an advantage
This role is to start ASAP and will pay £20 - £25 PAYE or £25 - £32 LTD/UMBRELLA per hour depending on your level of experience. This role will be deemed inside of IR35 from April 2020
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.