- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Matchtech have a requirement for a Systems Engineer to join their key client in the Defence sector on a contract basis.
Purpose of role:
This role will support the development and maintenance of the Integration Support Environment at the Maritime Integration & Support Centre (MISC), located at Portsdown Technology Park.
The primary objective of the role will be to ensure that an appropriate set of tools is available to support the MISC Integration Service activities. However, the role will also include toolset and synthetic environment support to the wider NCSISS programme.
Specifically, the role will cover the following:
Maintenance of the toolset deployed across the NCSISS integration labs (including administration support, backup, etc.);
- Development & Maintenance of other Integration Support services;
- Development of Synthetic Environment interface devices;
- Post event analysis of recorded Combat System data;
- Configuration Management of the deployed toolset.
Whilst there are software elements within the specification, these are not high on the priority list. Our requirement is for a good Systems Engineer who has a solid understanding of taking a design through the build (ensuring it is built as per requirement) and test process (write test specs, etc.) and ensuring that it has met with the initial design requirements. Exposure to network environments and associate kit (19 inch racks, servers, Cisco and Juniper) would be useful but not essential. Good understanding of documentation & product safety within the systems world.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- General Combat System Integration Tools
- Day-to-day maintenance and configuration management of the integration tools deployed across the various NCSISS integration projects;
- Enhancement of the integration toolset
- NCSISS or PV funded development and certification of new tools/utilities;
- SME support to the NCSISS customer (via NCSISS tasking);
- Direct support to the NCSISS integration teams, focusing on data recording and analysis.
- Implementation of synthetic environment interface devices or 'glueware', enabling the Synthetic Environment to interface to new and existing CSEs.
Key Technical Skills/Knowledge:
- Good organisational and communication skills;
- Good understanding of the Combat System integration lifecycle;
- Sound understanding of IP networks (protocols, switching & routing);
- Good understanding of SAINTT, TRACIT, Wireshark & other integration tools, and their application over the integration lifecycle;
- Good understanding of how synthetic environments support integration, and how they interface to the Combat System Equipment (CSEs).
- Software & Script development experience on Windows and Linux platforms in some or all of the following: Ada, C/C++/C#, Shell scripts, Perl, Python;
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.