- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Windows Scripting Engineer
A requirement has become available for a Windows Scripting Engineer to join our team in Corsham, Wiltshire on an initial 12 month contract.
Defence Information requires a Windows scripting engineer to support the New Style of IT (Deployed) project at Corsham. The role will involve developing scripts to automate the installation and configuration of a wide range of applications and infrastructure e.g. Exchange, Veeam, VMware products. PowerShell is the script language of choice as the development is mostly for a Windows environment, though other scripting languages are also used. There is already a large scripting team that operates as a software team using an Agile methodology, and these roles are in this team.
This role will pay £44.50 per hour Ltd
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore we can only consider British Nationals for this role and cannot consider those who hold a Dual Nationality. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
The successful engineer will be expected to integrate in to teams responsible for:
- Developing zero-touch scripts that integrate with bespoke and COTS orchestrators e.g. Ansible
- Integrating and testing scripted deployments in a virtual environment and then a physical environment
- Occasional visits to customer sites to support deploymentThe applicant would ideally have skills in at least some of the following areas and a willingness to learn:
- PowerShell, including advanced coding features e.g. Workflows, Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Bare Metal Deployment. Training can be provided if an otherwise suitable candidate needs these skills enhancing
- Python, batch scripting, VBScript
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10 Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- VMware, ESXi, vCenter, NSX, Horizon
- Undertaking changes in controlled environment
- Atlassian toolset
- Collaborative working in a team environment
- Technical documentation production.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.