- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Consultant Product Security Engineer
There is an opportunity for a Consultant Product Security Engineer to join our Defence client based in Frimley on a contractor basis.
The Security Architect consultant engineer will be able to apply their expert subject matter expertise and experience to programmes and systems to ensure that the business and customer security requirements are identified, implemented and met for information system architectures and solutions being delivered by the programmes. They will be able to support the appropriate Delegated Technical Authority (dTA) and/or Design Authority (DA) to ensure the delivered solutions meet the specified contractual and regulatory requirements and can be operated securely, correctly and safely.
The Security Architect consultant engineer will have a deep understanding of the applicable regulations, standards, policies and guidance on cyber security and information assurance, to ensure conformance and be able to mitigate information risks and balance them against the cost of countermeasures. They will be able to work and speak knowledgably and credibly with customer, user and internal stakeholders to provide advice and guidance on information risk management matters.
The Security Architect consultant engineer will have a good knowledge of the cyber security and information assurance marketplace, including products, suppliers and key threats, and will also have an understanding of the direction of potential future technologies.
The following activities are typical of the work that may be carried out by the Security Architect consultant engineer, in full or part dependent on the role and the place the project is in the engineering lifecycle:
* Provide advice on Information Risk management matters to programmes, Engineering Managers and Technical Authorities as required
* Influence stakeholders to comply with system architectural principles and objectives
* Ensure Information Management and Assurance requirements are correctly considered, defined and implemented in the delivery of information systems and solutions
* Initiate the development of new security architectures to mitigate emerging information risks
* Present the business case to Senior Leadership for strategic security investment in enterprise or solution architectures
* Represent the Cyber Security/Information Assurance group at Design Reviews, to ensure that information risk management is appropriately considered at each stage of the design lifecycle
* Provide estimates for the scope of work and resources required to deliver it in order to support bids, proposal development and project planning activities for Security Architect activities
* Provide technical direction to other Security Architect engineers and support the management and planning of specialist activities.
Expert level of knowledge of Cyber Security/Information Assurance activities in the defence, maritime or closely linked domain and have a comprehensive understanding of the impact of information risk management activities on system architectures and the development of risk mitigations
* Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in most phases.
* Have a strong awareness of Product Safety and SHE.
* Good communication skills and ability to interact with and manage stakeholders.
* Provides technical leadership, coaches and mentors others. May lead a team of engineers.
*Candidates must be SC cleared / clearable to apply*
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.