- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
IT End User Support Engineer
IT End User Support Engineer - Southampton - £30,000 - £35,000
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT End User Support Engineer to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
Our new, modern, and forward thinking IT End User Support function 'IT Care' is being established with a clear purpose to provide the support people need, when they need it, to help them do their jobs.
We are moving away from a traditional IT Service Desk model to provide a proactive and responsive approach to IT support.
This role will form a key part of our new IT End User Support team, providing single point of accountability for supporting our business colleagues to allow them to help our customers. The team will operate Monday - Friday core hours between 07:30 and 18:30 on a rotational basis.
- Proactive IT on boarding of any new internal staff members joining the business units.
- IT Education, training and awareness, providing clear instruction, help and support, being responsible for what new employees feel, see and hear when introduced to their IT equipment and support.
- Building, setting up and configuring the appropriate equipment required by both new starters and existing employees as required for them to do their jobs.
- Setting up the relevant and appropriate IT access required for internal staff in a secure way and managing the execution of this process.
- Providing high quality walk up face to face support during the hours of operation.
- Fulfilling any IT Service Requests in line with the customer expectations and needs.
- Proactively visiting our internal colleagues that are helping to serve our external customers and advisors on a frequent basis identifying and resolving IT issues.
- Providing telephone support remotely helping to resolve IT issues through effective diagnosis, technical actions and customer focus.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with internal colleagues being supported, owning issues through to satisfactory resolution and closure.
- Applying IT knowledge and experience to trouble shoot support and IT technical issues with in house software, enterprise software and hardware.
- Support IT equipment installations, colleague moves and changes as required.
- Manage own workload in an efficient and effective way, working to maximise opportunities to help and support team members and colleagues.
- Clearly captures and records appropriate and relevant technical information within the Service Management toolset
- Capture and document new learnings and knowledge, sharing this insight with colleagues to help others.
- Demonstrable experience providing both face to face and remote telephony based customer service and IT technical support.
- Experience with end user support, desktop support, and technical skills around Windows OS & Office365.
- Experience working in a busy environment under pressure dealing with colleagues or customers that require help, advice and IT technical support.
- IT Service Management, IT End User or IT operational support experience desirable.
- Experience of communicating, managing and influencing business colleagues and stakeholders at all levels including VIP customers.
- Experience providing IT technical support in a windows environment working with desktops, laptops, tables, telephony solutions & smart phones.
- Demonstrable understanding and familiarity with concepts surrounding quality of service, service level management and service delivery.
- Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers in order to fulfil customer needs.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework (or equivalent), the IT support lifecycle, associated methodologies and their practical application.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow and other relevant IT Service Management toolsets desirable.
- Experience working with Systems Thinking model and approach working
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply directly to this advert or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.