- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Senior Infrastructure Architect
An Infrastructure Architect is required for 12-24 months (likely to be extended) based in Greenwich, London
The Infrastructure Architect will be responsible for business engagement, translating business requirements into technical solution designs, and providing technical ownership of solutions from the design phase through to Production. Creation of technology roadmaps that support the IT Strategy. The Senior Infrastructure Architect will ensure technology solutions on which the business depends are fit for purpose, resilient, highly available, secure, and scalable. The role includes, architecture governance, co-ordination and translation of business requirements, design, planning, configuration, optimisation and enhancement of the technology and system platforms.
Day to day duties will include -
* Development and industry best practices
* Given a set of business requirements create an Infrastructure design which meets the requirements and is in line with Technology Development Infrastructure roadmap. Specific business non-functional requirements will include performance, security, reliability and availability of service
* Analyse the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies in the infrastructure and recommend solutions for improvement
* Ensure that Technology Development processes are not hindered by infrastructure issues
* Ensure that project impacts on the infrastructure are identified, assessed, assured, and documented
* Develop and define future roadmaps for the infrastructure according to industry trends and best practice
* Ensure that the capacity planning process for the key systems is manage efficiently. Approval of the capacity plans and, potentially, infrastructure purchases based on future capacity requirements
* Perform infrastructure audits on third party contractors. These will include asset management, disaster recovery and servicing of the infrastructure.
Knowledge and experience required -
* Detailed knowledge of Windows and/or Unix infrastructure and respective operating systems.
* Detailed knowledge of network designs including security or detailed knowledge of SAN infrastructure and SAN Fabric
* Detailed knowledge of Microsoft SQL database and/or Oracle database technologies
* Detailed knowledge of public cloud technologies and trends
* Broad knowledge and understanding of planning and project management tools and techniques
* Degree or equivalent qualification such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework).
* Office 365 and Modern Desktop, Azure and AWS
* Strong infrastructure architecture skills in architecting technology components across software, infrastructure and networks.
* Ability to take a loose set of requirements and build a high level architecture using common standards. Refining the architecture as more information is discovered, decisions identified and choices are made.
* Proven ability to analyse complex components, identify decision points, draw conclusions and produce architecture roadmaps.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people within the delivery team including project managers, business analysts, developers, and testers.
* Have a detailed understanding and experience in profiling applications, migration techniques of such has rehost, replatform and refactor.
* Has experience of designing business applications. Has an understanding of the non-functional requirements such as reliability, scalability, performance and resilience.
This role is outside of IR35 (pending testing) and will pay up to £432 per day (Ltd/Umbrella)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.