- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
PowerBI Support Specialist
A highly reputable Pharmaceutical organisation is requiring a PowerBI Specialist with proven experience in PowerBI adminstration & support.
A highly reputable Pharmaceutical organisation is requiring a PowerBI Specialist with proven experience in PowerBI adminstration (essential) & support. Specifically around report creations.
This role is responsible for technical support of Power BI cloud based services to ensure the solution within a specified domain meet the needs of the business. The role demands hands on experience in power BI (Primary requirement) reports development, Power BI web service administration with knowledge/experience in Azure components storage accounts, database, ELT components (desirable) to support the business. The role holder will be a go to subject matter expert in power BI constantly exploring new functionalities, resolving any power BI related issues and will work closely with the Service director as well as other Tech and business stakeholders
1. Perform Power BI administration activities e.g. Capacity management, availability management, regular house keeping activities like identifying reports/datasets that are not in use and archiving/deleting them, monitoring power BI Pro license usage, identifying reports/datasets resulting in capacity issues and taking necessary actions etc
2. Perform Power BI reports/data model fine tuning activities and improving reports data refresh and report access performance, optimal Power BI premium capacity utilization etc
3. Conduct proof of concepts in Power BI tool to showcase tool functionalities in order to add value to our business both at the report level and at the Power BI platform level
4. Provides Technical support and guidance in delivering solutions/services, resolving issues, implementing change requests, providing tool functionality advise to report creators and report users in Power BI solution in Microsoft cloud platform
5. Handling incidents, problems, requests, changes etc for the applications developed in Power BI and at Power BI platform level
6. Keep relevant technical documentation up to date (as agreed with IT Asset Owner) in support of the lifecycle plan and for audits/reviews.
7. Ensure the technical delivery of any new application/functionality is fully compliant with IT and regulatory standards, leveraging the full capabilities of the software to meet the business needs
8. Anticipate, understand, troubleshoot and fix problems using technical expertise and problem solving skills to restore service, identify root cause and implement the fixes in solutions utilizing Microsoft Power BI tools
9. Develop expertise on evolving next generation platform capabilities e.g. cognitive services, new tools/functionalities in Power BI etc
10. Proactively support IT Asset Owner to develop and deliver continual improvement of applications portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
11. Preparation of service metrics to measure power BI platform capacity, availability etc and share it with Service owner on a defined frequency
12. Participate and drive service review meetings with the business, weekly service meetings e.g. Problem management, Change advisory board meetings etc
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
- Excellent hands-on experience in Power BI platform administration activities
- Good proven hands on experience in Power BI data model and reports development
- Knowledge in Azure cloud components like Azure Storage accounts, Databases, ELT components etc are desirable
- Proven experience of conducting proof of concepts to Power BI capabilities both at the tool and at the Power BI platform level
- Previous experience in application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem ,Change Management etc
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of relational databases, transaction processing procedures, and design tools
- Have demonstrable experience on using best practices and principles in business intelligence applications and platforms.
- Good knowledge of Consumer Healthcare business processes supported (Desirable)
- knowledge in ITIL Support Processes (Desirable)
- Provide technical management of the service within the guidelines defined by the Service Owner
- Analytical and Service Improvement Techniques
- Analytical, able to understand processes and systems and to develop strategies
- Should be able to work with Microsoft for any issues / reviews
- Ability to learn/adapt new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
- Strong communication and influencing skills, sufficient to build and maintain trust during times of service outage.
- Readiness to provide out-of-hours support if required and pro-actively monitor operations during out-of-office hours and intervene if monitoring reveals issues
- Readiness to travel if necessary
- Ability to multi task, manage and handle multiple service projects simultaneously and to the schedule
- Ensure working relationship and close coordination with offshore/outsourced project and support staff and other stakeholders
Contract until February 2020 initially paying up to £350 per day LTD/Umbrella.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.