- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Senior System Administrator
There is an opportunity for an Oracle Systems Administrator to join our key client in the Defence industry, this contract role is based in Yeovil.
IM&T offer IT services to internal and external customers. The Infrastructure Services Competency Centre (ISCC) is responsible for supporting IT services and infrastructure used by customers in the air, land and sea sectors. The ISCC has a vacancy to provide a Oracle Database Administrator for the supply chain and maintenance systems as well as other project moving into the future.
The bespoke individual IT systems are managed using an ITIL Framework and you will be responsible for the investigation of arising issues, resolved against the defined Service Level Agreements. The candidate should have knowledge of Oracle version V10 to V13 and the supporting software\packs (Oracle Enterprise Manager for example.) running on both Linux and Window operating systems. Underlying knowledge of RMAN and Oracle licencing would be advantageous.
- Uses Oracle database management system software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
- Carry out agreed database maintenance and administration tasks for both legacy and future projects.
- Working knowledge of the installation and setup of database instances in order to support customers would be needed.
- An underlying technical understanding of the Oracle running on a Windows operating system would be needed.
- Design and Implementation skills would be of benefit, occasionally the ISCC are asked to support projects in the initial phases, including design.
- The candidate should have experience in designing and implementing Oracle systems to a specific set of requirements.
- Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures.
- Uses database management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics and carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate using ITIL best practises:
- Working under general direction and uses discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems and assignments. Usually receives specific instructions and has work reviewed at frequent milestones. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
- Interact with and influences department/project team members and has working level contact with customers and suppliers. In predictable and structured areas may supervise others. Makes decisions which may impact on the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
- Performs a broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine in a variety of environments but applies a methodical approach to problem definition and resolution. Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools and applications and demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Takes the initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities and demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Plans, schedules and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation and procedures.
- Absorbs and applies technical information and works to required standards.
- Appreciates the wider field of information systems, and how own role relates to other roles and to the business of the employer or client.
- Probably educated to bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification.
*due to the nature of the work, candidates must be SC cleared/clearable to apply and be eligible to access ITAR material*
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.