- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Cyber Security Engineer
A leading Defence contractor is looking to recruit a Cyber Security Engineer / SIEM Specialist to work based out of its site in Mons, Belgium.
A leading Defence contractor is looking to recruit a Cyber Security Engineer / SIEM Specialist to work based out of its site in Mons, Belgium. The role will require candidates with an in-depth knowledge Cyber Security technologies, with specialisation in working with SIEM technologies. The position requires proven experience within a similar role preferably working in secure environment such as MOD/GOV/NATO environments.
The successful candidate will be required to use their in-depth knowledge of SIEM technologies and cyber security techniques to act as a technical lead for a small team in the delivery of either individual standalone projects or elements of a bigger programme. The role requires the ability to take high-level architectural views and translate these designs into detailed design packages or work packages for team delivery. The role will requires a very hands-on approach, whilst also allowing enough time to mentor the team & schedule the taskings in conjunction with the Technical Project Managers. The successful candidate must be proactive, diligent with a strong technical ability.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Technical lead of a small engineering team
- Supports to bids and the translation of High Level Designs into Low Level Design
- Creation of work packages for the team
- Support to the Project and Business Unit Leader in the execution of these duties
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring the team
- Hands on deployment of their knowledge of SIEM and other cyber security technologies
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Experienced Arcsight Admin
- Experienced with log aggregation technologies
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Linux experience (RedHat / CentOS)
- Experienced in the use of one or more SIEM products e.g. Arcsight, QRadar, , RSA, McAfee, LogRythym, Splunk
- Experienced with supplementary SOC products i.e. IDS, Packet Capture, DLP, Forensics, Vulnerability assessment tools etc.
- Good understanding of application protocols (HTTP, DNS, FTP, etc.) and networking protocols (TCP, UDP, ARP)
- Experienced with integrating existing IT infrastructures into a SIEM / SOC solution from inception through to support
- Strong understanding and experience implementing alert correlation with multiple data sources within a SIEM
- Understanding of various SOC standards and reporting requirements i.e. GPG13
- Experience implementing SOC reporting and governance
- Experience with SOC automation and workflow products such as Archer GRC
Knowledge or experience of the following would be desirable:
- VMware / Virtualisation
- Microsoft Windows Security
- Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2008R2/2012 Server
- Group Policy
Other essential Factors:
- Hold or be able to obtain a high level Security Clearance (e.g. UK SC/NS & UK DV/CTS);
- Understand the constraints of working in secure environments with protectively marked media;
- Be eligible and able to undertake business travel throughout Europe;
- Be able communicate effectively in English (though not necessarily as a first language);
Contract paying up to £575 per day LTD/Umbrella for a 12 month contract.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.