- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Our Client is seeking an innovative Solution Architect to lead on a series of workstreams' covering multiple teams and locations. This work is a critical part of a modernisation project.
Role and Objectives
- Take ownership and drive forward the future planning of the overall solution with a view to positioning it at the forefront of the range of solution options available in the sector
- Initiate and oversee the design and development of additional functionality and capabilities within the overall solution
- Promote a culture of dynamism and continuous improvement across the workstreams'
- Produce high quality design and architecture documentation, and review documentation produced by others to ensure it meets expected standards
- Present concepts and proposals to a variety of audiences at different levels
- Act as Technical Design Authority, ensuring the stability and supportability of the assurance systems through architectural and interface design approval, technical and quality
- Ensure the overall architecture approach, the individual components and integration layers are fit for purpose as a cohesive solution.
- Coordinate with the team on current and future projects
- Actively seek out opportunities for harnessing new or enhanced technologies to address current and/or future business needs
- Support functionality enhancements, designing and developing solutions and reviewing proposed changes for impacts of the change
- Assist the Scrum teams developing modern and innovative solutions for the client
- Work as an integral team member with the Programme Manager and Product Owner in driving development and BAU support activities
- Lead visualisation of architecture and documentation across a diverse range of mainframes technologies, including within a "system of systems" environment that includes
- Familiarity with ITIL and involvement with ITIL processes, reviews, and Major Incidents
- Understanding of Web Services / Message Queuing / Service Oriented Architecture and other Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Familiarity with Database technologies
- Understanding of Windows and Linux
- Exposure to CTI telephone concepts
- Experience working within an Agile and DevOps methodology is preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio and TFS preferred
- Experience in a lead architect role is important
- Familiarity with TOGAF concepts is essential, and certification would be preferred
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to gain SC Clearance prior to start
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.