- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Software Tools Engineer (Java, Eclipse)
A large Technology innovation and engineering company are looking for a Software Tools Engineer to join their research and development team based in Bath.
As a Software Tools Engineer, you will be responsible for developing innovative software tools that position the company to efficiently deliver next-generation software-based systems to their customers.
Here, you'll get to work on a multi-million-pound project, collaborating with other large technology companies and academia. The project's goal is to ensure the UK remains a competitive global player in the industry through high-integrity software engineering, starting with the Aerospace sector.
During a recent research project, this company has developed a proof-of-concept model-based toolchain (MBT) along with a roadmap to expand its scope and functionality to encompass the full software lifecycle. Working within the Eclipse framework, your role will be to help realise this product roadmap including:
- Working with product owners to capture tool requirements
- Architecture design of new features
- Implementation of new features in Java and Eclipse-based model-transformation languages
- Definition & implementation of APIs
- Working with 3rd parties (partners and suppliers) to integrate new and existing tools
- Following quality control procedures such as reviews & testing to company standards
- Participating in maintenance of product backlog and sprint planning
- Research into novel techniques for extracting metrics from model-based repositories
- Being an active member of the company's software community, sharing best-practice and contributing to the company's capabilities in this area
- Internal and external dissemination of research results and case studies via papers, conference presentations, engineering forums etc.
You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and be comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of the business.
You will also have a mixture of product-based and research experience, industrial or academic, that will give you the flexibility and autonomy required to work within their industrial R&D team.
Skills and requirements:
Due to the nature of end-customer projects, this role will require obtaining a basic level of security clearance (SC).
- The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Knowledge and experience of building tools using Java within the Eclipse framework
- Excellent organisational, oral communication and written skills
- Being able to work effectively both as part of a team and when working alone
- A high degree of interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to quality and outstanding results
- An ability to think analytically, rigorously and creatively
Nice to have skills & experience:
- Knowledge and experience of model management languages supported by Eclipse such as EMF and Sirius
- An ability to elicit requirements from domain experts and work in an agile manner to refine the requirements through prototyping and feedback sessions
- A sound appreciation of the underlying principles of software engineering for complex embedded systems
- Knowledge of industry-standard tools and techniques, and a critical appreciation of their strengths and weaknesses
This role is paying up to £35,000 for the right person in addition to a generous benefits package.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.