- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Interim Information Security Officer
I am looking for an experience Information Security Officer to implement a company wide Information Security strategy for a company that is revolutionising the Aerospace industry.
The information security officer (ISO) is the lead for information security within the organisation, driving the information security strategy and implementation forward whilst protecting the business from security threats and information loss. Operational compliance relevant standards and regulations is the responsibility of the ISO in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer
Information & Security Officer (ISO)
- Creating and implementing a strategy for the deployment of information security technologies
- Performing security risk assessments and reporting on ways to minimise threats
- Monitoring security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems
- Tracking latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cyber security technologies in conjunction with the IT function
- Communicating with key stakeholders about security threats
- Implementing an effective process for the reporting of security incidents
- Overseeing the investigation of reported security breaches
- Developing strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations
- Managing the security aspects across the business in consultation with relative functional teams and external security experts and advisors
- Ensuring compliance with the latest regulations and compliance requirements
- Championing and educating the organisation about the latest security strategies and technologies
- Protecting the intellectual property of the organisation at all times
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
The following skills, Knowledge and experience are required
- Digital leadership skills - capable of empowering and leading a company to meet business and IT security goals
- Knowledge of export control requirements (EAR/ITAR)
- Know specific security guidelines such as HIPAA & SOX
- Knowledge of MOD security requirements
- Solid change management skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new security technologies
- A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver
- Strong customer focus - able to meet the demands of internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills - providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management
- Flexible and adaptable
- Forms business partnerships that help drive the IT security strategy forward
- Can make decisions that are well informed and timely
- Creative thinking - able to look at alternatives and consider new ways of thinking to problem solve
- Multi-tasking - can manage several concurrent projects and prioritise
- Strong background in IT risk analysis, auditing and/or information security practices
- Demonstrated implementation of an Information Security Policy
- Information security awareness training experience.
- Strong knowledge of risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with shifting deadlines and priorities under limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively, internally and externally with all levels across the company including executive management
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, management information systems, information security or related field is preferred.
- ISACA, SANS/GIAC or CISSP certifications highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of laws, regulations and standards that govern information security practices and frameworks such as ISO, NIST, SANS CSC, etc.
- Personal Qualities
- Customer focused
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan and execute on project plans.
- Ability to deliver work with minimum supervision and effectively operate in a dynamic global organization.
- The credibility to win and retain the confidence of the Board and management team, shareholders including senior executives and staff
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- High-energy personality with the ability to thrive in a hard-working environment.
- A disciplined, well documented, and well communicated approach.
- Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.