- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Service Desk Analyst/1st Line Support Technician
Service Desk Analyst/1st Line Support Technician opportunity - Guildford - £25k - £28k p/a + benefits including good pension and annual leave package.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a high profile NHS Trust based in Guildford. As IT Service Desk Analyst, you will be the first point of contact between end users and the IT organization. The Service Desk Analyst will be responsible for recording the details of reported IT service issues and service requests, and working to either restore service as quickly as possible or alerting / escalating them to the appropriate specialist support groups. The position requires technical troubleshooting abilities and excellent customer service skills.
Day to day duties will include -
* To provide high quality 1st line technical support to all users connected to the IT environment using diagnostic tools and fault-finding techniques to identify root causes. This may be by telephone, email, remote support or face to face.
* Troubleshoot authentication, hardware & software issues for a variety of clinical and business applications & devices.
* To fix approximately 80% of incidents by telephone and to escalate the ticket to specialist teams in a timely manner when not resolved in 1st line.
* To gain accurate information from callers, using effective communication skills to assess the impact of the reported incidents or requests, recording this information on the Service Management tool.
* User Account Administration: To Create and maintain user network accounts in Active Directory and other supported applications
* Ensure the Incidents and Service Requests are managed effectively on behalf of end-users throughout the full lifecycle and responding to status enquiries when appropriate.
Skills/Experience required -
* Experience of working on an IT Service Desk or similar technical support environment
* Computer software and hardware troubleshooting knowledge and experience
* Knowledge of PC architecture and peripherals
* Proficient in the use of Active Directory
* Knowledge and experience of troubleshooting Microsoft & Apple technologies
This is a great opportunity to expand your working knowledge within a large scale organisation and learn new technologies. Salary range on offer will be between £26,220-£28,358 p/a
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.