- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Architect to join our clients Modernisation technical solution architecture team with responsibility across high security environments on a 12 month contract basis.
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Architect to join our clients Modernisation technical solution architecture team with responsibility across high security environments. The main focus of this role will be designing and implementing new capabilities within the business from a number of different stakeholder groups across a large portfolio of projects.
The Business IS strategy includes Cloud First and Mobile First with the intention of updating existing Line of Business applications to cloud equivalents over the next 3 years. The most likely scenario being a hybrid-cloud architecture with a mix of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS plus on-premise hosting for any system that cannot be migrated to the cloud.
In addition to the technical aspects of this role, this position will also include stakeholder meetings with both internal and external service providers.
It is expected that role will encompass the initial design setup and deployment of new solutions followed by the transition to live services with members of the operational team whom will oversee production application and infrastructure support.
* Assessment of proposed solution architecture specifications and change requests to ensure alignment with defined technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns.
* Verification of delivered technical solutions against previously approved architecture specifications and change requests.
* Assume the role of Lead Architect on many delivery projects;
- Assist business and technical analysts with the identification of business requirements.
- Support the solution architects and the architectural design for IT infrastructure solutions.
- Provide support to project managers for the creation of plans, timescales, costs and risks for the implementation of IT solutions.
- Own and deliver the Design Control Plan and lead the technical design reviews.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
* Professional certification in Enterprise Architecture such as TOGAF. * A bachelor's degree in either computer science or systems development, or relevant experience.
* Specialist in at least one and good appreciation of all technical aspects of IT systems (e.g. voice, data and/or control networks, servers, storage, data centre) * Familiar with the security demands of defence IT systems * Familiar with Enterprise Architecture methods, techniques and modelling languages
* Able to set requirements and proposed solution into the context of the wider business and CIO arena * Is able to work under-pressure to get the job done * Is able to effectively influence people to follow process * Has the ability to manage a task through to its successful completion. * Proactively solves problems encountered * Ability to effectively prioritise, understanding impact and risks. * Reacts to planning changes in a prompt and efficient manner. * Has the ability to promote the IT Services organisation
* Held position of Enterprise Architect, or Technical Architect within large (e.g. more than 1,000 staff) organisation * Development of Multi-Site architectures in a secure environment * Creation of conceptual models to assist in understanding and solving problems * Analysis of concepts at multiple levels of abstraction, retaining the 'big picture'; but attending to detail where required * Has experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role * Familiar with industry best-practice approaches to the design, implementation, operation and management of IT systems (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, ITIL, COBIT) * Awareness of commercial and IT systems procurement practice * An understanding of good Information Management
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.