- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Oracle Database Administrator - Glasgow - Upto £60,000
Are you an operational Oracle Database Administrator with a passion for technology and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Would you like to be part of a growing team of like-minded professionals?
An exciting opportunity for an operational Oracle DBA to join a professional team and contribute on critical database development projects for a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
As a Database Administrator, you will be one of the key members of the Database Administration team, managing a large and varied collection of Oracle Servers, providing support to day-to-day critical business activities.
The successful applicant will:
- Maintain smooth operation and implement changes following best practice;
- Implement and maintain backup and recovery solutions to support RPO and RTO Objectives;
- Provide accurate estimates for their own work;
- Understand and apply a formal quality approach;
- Analyse customers' incident and problem tickets within strict Service Levels;
- Liaise with customers and other third parties to ensure that their requirements meet your development in the most efficient and cost-effective manner;
- Liaise with internal Change and Release Management functions to enable the smooth transition of solutions from test and Pre-Production into Production;
- Produce both customer-facing and internal knowledge base documentation as required in line with company and customer standards;
- Participate in and facilitate knowledge sharing between Support, Development and Service Delivery functions;
- Act as the technical lead in the resolution of customers' major incidents.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with experience in operational Oracle Database administration. You will be self-motivated and able to multi-task in line with customer SLAs. You must be comfortable speaking at a technical level to teams and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years of solid experience as an operational Oracle DBA;
- Skilful knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g/12c Database administration;
- Practical knowledge and experience of High Availability solutions within Oracle;
- Proficient knowledge of Oracle Database design and database server infrastructure;
- General knowledge of Windows Server, Unix and Linux environments;
- General security awareness;
- Solid experience of query performance tuning;
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff within the organisation and customer;
- Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail;
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, pressurised environment;
- Analysis and solving of Incidents and Problems;
- Experience of working within a quality environment;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of alternative platforms such as MS SQL Server;
- Experience with PowerShell and/or Bash Scripting;
- Experience or knowledge with Cloud technology.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Mark Blackwood at Mark (dot) Blackwood (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.