- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Azure Infrastructure Engineer
The Azure Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for managing / monitoring Azure platform(s) for both in-house and for clients. They will be responsible for ensuring sufficient resources are available to provide all users with the SLAs expected within the budget provided.
The role will also ensure setting up an appropriate framework to allow the service to be supported as required whilst retaining control of the platform and the associated costs. This may include working outside of normal office hours.
- Upgrade Azure platforms with new releases as required. This work will usually be carried out at weekends.
- Liaise with Programme Manager to ensure their obligations toward ensuring the security of our cloud platform and follow an agreed Azure Roadmap.
- Monitor / reconfigure our Azure platforms to ensure they are running securely and optimally to maximise user experience within an agreed budget.
- Set up a managed service solution including migration strategies for clients wanting to move to a solution supported by Azure platforms.
- Support the Head of IT in their role including all IT related functions that may be required.
- Work with the suppliers to understand the changing market and to reflect this understanding in our strategies.
- Provide performance / availability reports and data as and when required.
- Maintain accurate documentation, such as architecture diagrams and portal links regarding the platform setup and configuration.
- Maintain owned domains and DNS records associated with our Azure subscriptions.
- Undertake regular risk assessments and develop procedures to mitigate risks.
- Arrange external penetration tests for our cloud solutions, disseminating the results and ensuring vulnerabilities are addressed appropriately.
- Strong Experience on Azure
- Experience in Azure Active Directory.
- Considerable experience in an IT environment.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with effective time management.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative both individually and as part of a team,
- Ability to nurture a positive image of the company and to adhere and positively contribute to the companies rules, regulations, processes, ethos and culture.
- Able to articulate technical issues in terms of business risk and opportunity
- Self-motivated, proactive, work on own initiative with a best practice approach.
- Pragmatic problem solver.
- Able to assimilate information and to disseminate effectively to customers and colleagues
- Set a positive and professional example to all colleagues and reports, and develop positive communication with all departments.
- Strong professional ethic when dealing with customers.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Mark Blackwood at Mark (dot) Blackwood (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.