- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Solution Architect (SC Cleared)
A leading Defence contractor is requiring an SC Cleared Solution Architect to join their offices in Reading on a 12 month contract.
A leading Defence contractor is requiring an SC Cleared Solution Architect who has an applications background to join their offices in Reading on a 12 month contract.
Understand Application services and the expertise to manage data and information lifecycles for long term retention and retrieval.
Understand requirements, evaluate technology options and recommend solutions.
Provide solution design suitable to enable implementation of the capability
Experience in the secure management of highly sensitive information
Must have experience of implementing corporate information application capabilities
Experience of working across a wide range of Stakeholders - including C level and User Groups
Experience of managing and leading implementation teams to realise the design
This role is specifically to work within the newly formed Digitisation Programme Team. The team are at initial requirements and design phase, and a key member of the Team will be the Solution/Domain Architect.
The Architect will lead technical design; document the technical requirements; ensure technical solution options are fit for purpose; produce the required design documentation (high and low level); ensure technical capability fits in with the overall AWE technical roadmap; take ownership of technical risks and issues; help ensure successful technical delivery.
The Solution/Domain Architect provides leadership as well as in-depth expertise in the design and implementation of Information Technology (IT) solutions in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Organisation's entire IT infrastructure including voice, data and control networks, servers, storage and data centres.
They will contribute to the definition of the organisation's technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns for IT infrastructure and provides technical advice and guidance in support of its implementation. This role also provides technical leadership on a set of IT delivery projects as part of a complex programme.
· Definition of technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation's IT infrastructure
· Work closely with the CTO and BRMs to:
- Understand the current and future business needs of the organisation and determine how these can be best supported by the IT infrastructure
- Identify and promote ideas for improvement in the organisation's current IT infrastructure
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior representatives from the organisation's strategic partners and key suppliers
· Maintain general awareness of developments in the IT infrastructure marketplace including vendor strategies and report on their potential impact on the organisation
· Lead technology selection and procurement processes including the development of business cases and cost estimates
· Participate in and support the operation of the IS Architecture Review Board
· Support and deliver high quality and timely output to the MOD customer when required
· Guide and support technical service managers and others on the creation of change requests related to the IT infrastructure
· Maintain awareness of industry methods and techniques for Enterprise and Technical Architecture and make recommendations for their adoption where appropriate
· Contribute to the development of the Technical Architecture Team, including coaching and mentoring of individuals and tasking of 3rd party resources
· Become an expert and lead in the strategy and delivery of the Business and technical domains assigned to the role
Skills & Experience:
· Held position of Enterprise Architect, or Technical Architect within large (e.g. more than 1,000 staff) organisation
· Development of Multi-Site architectures in a secure environment
· Creation of conceptual models to assist in understanding and solving problems
· Analysis of concepts at multiple levels of abstraction, retaining the 'big picture'; but attending to detail where required
· Has experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role
· Familiar with industry best-practice approaches to the design, implementation, operation and management of IT systems (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, ITIL, COBIT)
· Awareness of commercial and IT systems procurement practice
· An understanding of good Information Management
· Specialist in at least one and good appreciation of all technical aspects of IT systems (e.g. voice, data and/or control networks, servers, storage, data centre)
· Familiar with the security demands of defence IT systems
· Familiar with Enterprise Architecture methods, techniques and modelling languages
Current SC Clearance is mandatory - must be willing to go through DV clearance (or already hold DV - which would be ideal).
Role paying up to £80 per hour LTD/Umbrella.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.